• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers #92 - Stunning Neal Adams Art!
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Boards!  Adams' run on Avengers was sensational.  I'm especially partial to ish 93, which has 36 pages by Neal and Tom Palmer, and includes the chapter 'Journey To The Center of an Android' that really showed off Adams' creativity.  Roy Thomas used issues 89-97 to weave a complex and epic tale of the war between the two alien races.

But it was a Bronze Age run - perhaps @CGC Mike could re-locate it either in the Bronze or Comics General threads.

Avengers92cgc.jpg.ba7c61c88b03f92570a2ce5e583ed2ff.jpg    Avengers93cgc96.thumb.JPG.db6a48e61110157a072bbeab0e26de2f.JPG

Edited by namisgr

When I first started collecting, I got the Olshevsky Avengers Comic Index book to do a bit of research.

So many American comic covers I’d never seen before. This was a standout piece of art, and the first Avengers issue I searched for at U.K. comic marts as I thought it was quite amazing.

When I found it I got my first copy of 93 as well. A good collecting day, that was.