• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can "Pressing" Improve Ink Transfer Issue

5 posts in this topic

I have an Amazing Spider-Man 121 that has some type of ink transfer from some other book on the back and discoloration at the bottom edge. I doubt it will, but any chance "Pressing" can fix those or make an improvement? You can see the issues in the attached pictures and I also took a close-up. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you so much.

ASM 121 Full.jpg

ASM 121 Close.jpg

Edited by Michael Duck

On 8/19/2023 at 9:28 PM, Michael Duck said:

I have an Amazing Spider-Man 121 that has some type of ink transfer from some other book on the back and discoloration at the bottom edge. I doubt it will, but any chance "Pressing" can fix those or make an improvement? You can see the issues in the attached pictures and I also took a close-up. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you so much.

ASM 121 Full.jpg

ASM 121 Close.jpg

It appears you have ink transfer which has actually damaged the back cover, as well as some small foxing stains along the bottom edge. 

IMO, a pressing won't help either one of these issues...  :(