• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #54, Inhumans cameo
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Hey, gang.  I know I haven't been here much, but I've got three Silver Age goodies for your grading pleasure today.  I've already got my own grade estimates for each, so let's see how we compare. :)

F.F. #54 has it's typical SA defects, but it is intact and readable.  Besides the big chunk missing from the FC bottom corner, the interior pages are cream to tan (same with the covers), small nicks and tears in spots around the covers, and a small tear on the BC at the top spine corner.  A press will help the mild bend creases through the entire bottom right corner, as well as the mild spine curl.  The book was miswrapped...fairly common with these old comics.  None of the pages are brittle...yet.  There is very little foxing on the interior wraps, but the pages are darker.

img20230822_09051992 (2).jpg

img20230822_09060839 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

On 8/22/2023 at 9:35 AM, scburdet said:

2.5/3.0 my read of the CGC standards is the only thing that matters here is the size of the missing piece.

I don't trust CGC standards anymore...haven't for a few years.  Go with your gut/experience. :)

BTW, I don't sub anymore.  I will be selling these raw at a later date. Lol