• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question regarding perforated labels
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I had a card relabeled to the new pristine label while at the National last month. I didn’t notice it at the time but as I’ve been getting more and more cards with the new labels I realized just how bad my label from the National is. It’s not just perforated but the entire edge is whitened.IMG_3033.jpeg.0d427d9b41cdfbd7466c139825ed5a23.jpeg

So my question is, are these perforated labels something used exclusively with the printers used at events? I know BGS also occasionally has labels with the jagged edges but the material they use doesn’t really allow for the whitening issue. This is a $30k+ card so I’m wondering if I send it to Sarasota for relabeling if I will actually get a solid cut label this time. 

• Administrator

Hello @Vagrantwade

Thank you for reaching out. Perforated labels were used at the event. However, labels for cards encapsulated in-house do not have the perforated edges. If you submit the card for reholder, the label edges will be cut, not perforated. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Thanks Nicki! That's all I needed to know. I didn't want to ship this card if there was a change of getting the same type of label. I don't have an issue with the event labels on any other card just this one in particular since it's been used in photos on social media.

I got the card sent off next day air today so this can be closed. 

Yeah and I paid for insured next day air shipping when I sent it because of the value. So it was like a total of $250 just to get it back on a Friday before a three day weekend with literally nothing done. I called support and I have to send it in under Mechanical Error. 

Sigh

On 9/5/2023 at 2:59 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Vagrantwade

Can you please send me a close-up of the label you receive with this new submission so I can have the issue reviewed? 

Thank you. 

I already called and spoke with someone. They immediately noticed the updated images even on the cert page are with the same perforated cut label from the national. Not exactly difficult to tell either. The card is already sitting in Sarasota scheduled for grading.

I’m still out the $200 or whatever I paid for next day air insured shipping there and back the first time even if it’s covered the second time. Because now I’m going to be waiting two weeks to get it back again.

IMG_3281.jpeg

Edited by Vagrantwade

39 business days and counting. I’m assuming they completely re-start the clock on turnaround when you have to send in a mechanical error. Which is insanely dumb. 

I basically paid for next day insured shipping to then have to ship it a second time and wait even longer to even get it looked at for a high value reholder 🥴