• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART TWO: THE SCARGIVER direct by Zack Snyder (4/19/24)
1 1

83 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2024 at 1:42 PM, mrmovies said:

i get no respect (rodney dangerfield)

Also, surprisingly no relation to seinfeld. Field/feld throws some people off. also both being in comedy

On 4/23/2024 at 10:59 AM, Rodey said:

I never watched so much footage about a village turning wheat into flour

Search for SCTV's Russian skits on "Tibor's Tractor". Classic farming footage from the CCCP. lol 

For those of you who are not aware of SCTV, it was the Canadian equivalent of SNL. Check out the list of comedians who got their start there from the IMDB cast listing: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075578/

Posted (edited)

Have not watched it yet. For those of you who did not care for the first one like me, have any of you watched this second installment? If yes, is it better or worse than the first one? I am looking for something new to watch this upcoming long weekend.

Edited by kimik

I am such a dork with that lightsaber loldoh! 

But I owned one, I had fixed it, brought it to the con, then the photo, but Idk why I didn't set it aside first lol but dork it up I did :sumo: 

GetImage.aspx?c=6084081&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=

Zack Snyder Announces Rebel Moon Director's Cuts Release Dates and Titles

Per a new announcement made on Snyder's social media accounts, the director's cut of both parts of Rebel Moon will be available to watch on Netflix on August 2 -- and they will each get a new title as well.

Chapter One, oriiginally called A Child of Fire, will now go by Chalice of Blood. Chapter Two, previously The Scargiver, will debut as  Curse of Forgiveness. That should help Snyder and Netflix separate the longer, bloodier, R-rated versions from the more mainstream ones already released.

The director's cut was a no-brainer, since Snyder has been making those for virtually every movie going back to 2004's Dawn of the Dead. Snyder's cut of Justice League ran about four hours long, and scored about 25 points higher on Rotten Tomatoes than the movie's theatrical cut.

• ABOUT REBEL MOON – CHAPTER TWO: CURSE OF FORGIVENESS
  • DIRECTOR: Zack Snyder
  • WRITERS: Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad, Shay Hatten
  • PRODUCERS: Deborah Snyder, Eric Newman, Zack Snyder, Wesley Coller
  • EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Bergen Swanson, Sarah Bowen, Shay Hatten, Kurt Johnstad
  • KEY CAST: Sofia Boutella, Djimon Hounsou, Ed Skrein, Michiel Huisman, Doona Bae, and Anthony Hopkins as the voice of 'Jimmy'. Also starring Staz Nair, Fra Fee, Cleopatra Coleman, Stuart Martin, Ingvar Sigurðsson, Alfonso Herrera, Cary Elwes, Rhian Rees, Elise Duffy, Sky Yang, Charlotte Maggi, Ray Fisher
  • RELEASE DATE | On Netflix August 2, 2024
  • ABOUT REBEL MOON – CHAPTER ONE: CHALICE OF BLOOD
  • DIRECTOR: Zack Snyder
  • WRITERS: Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad, Shay Hatten
  • PRODUCERS: Deborah Snyder, Eric Newman, Zack Snyder, Wesley Coller
  • EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Bergen Swanson, Sarah Bowen, Shay Hatten, Kurt Johnstad
  • KEY CAST: Sofia Boutella, Djimon Hounsou, Ed Skrein, Michiel Huisman, Doona Bae, Ray Fisher, with Charlie Hunnam and Anthony Hopkins as the voice of 'Jimmy'. Also starring Staz Nair, Fra Fee, Cleopatra Coleman, Stuart Martin, Ingvar Sigurðsson, Alfonso Herrera, Cary Elwes, Rhian Rees, Elise Duffy, Jena Malone, Sky Yang, Charlotte Maggi, Corey Stoll
  • RELEASE DATE | On Netflix August 2, 2024

I initially turned off Rebel Moon 2: Scargiver after first 10 minutes as too much narration. Giving it a 2nd try since Zack Snyder's rejected Star Wars movie plot can't be worse than Star Wars: Acolyte tv getting trashy reviews.

Speaking of Star Wars, what's the deal with their stunted technology?  Why do their robots squeak and beep?  while humanoid other robots can speak.  Why are their workstations huge and look like 70s desk stations?  Acolyte is set 100 years before the first Star Wars movie and it's ALL THE SAME!!  No techno progress,  ever???  This is in a universe where aliens species from planets light years apart from each other all living in melting pot cities, and remote far off villages, which means centuries of interstellar travel and mingling etc, ...  Is this because the writers etc think we need to see everything look just like Star Wars A New Hope?

anyone else bothered or annoyed -- or disappointed by this lack of imagination??

and why do beings with the Force still fight kung fu style?  and punch each other?

I like the first Rebel Moon more than the second which feit more claustrophobic, and id have preferred her to face the bigger Boss than the same cocky jerk again.  But I dont remember too many other details. 

On 6/15/2024 at 12:52 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Your personal review with both films was extremely well outlined and informative like the finest summary about the application of a period at the end of a sentence.

I hope enough people take the time to thank you for your contributions to this forum. Incredible energy and dedication.

On 6/15/2024 at 1:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

Your personal review with both films was extremely well outlined and informative like the finest summary about the application of a period at the end of a sentence.

I hope enough people take the time to thank you for your contributions to this forum. Incredible energy and dedication.

(thumbsu

Happy to help!

I mean...the man took 11 minutes to dissect and poetically review a 3-minute scene.

I'd say I have no notes...

But the magical part is he *did* miss significant additional failures in the scene, which were helpfully added by the dozens of additional contributors in the comments.

Plus, I learned about diegetic sound.

On 6/15/2024 at 5:54 PM, Gatsby77 said:

(thumbsu

Happy to help!

I mean...the man took 11 minutes to dissect and poetically review a 3-minute scene.

I'd say I have no notes...

But the magical part is he *did* miss significant additional failures in the scene, which were helpfully added by the dozens of additional contributors in the comments.

Plus, I learned about diegetic sound.

The sad part though is for months what you posted is what other reviewers had to say. Never your personal review.

At least the folks posting their opinions about these two movies that watched it actually did that - watched it. When you check in with your mental analyst, let them know your fixation has not been addressed yet.

:shiftyeyes:

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 6:16 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Why does every Snyder movie have a directors cut months after its failure?  Especially these movies, which I would guess Netflix would let him do things the way he wanted it originally.  

BVS Ultimate Edition came out months later after the Theatrical Cut actually made money for WB. Don't take my word for it. The former WB President, Greg Silverman, would know best beyond the armchair box office analysts.

image.png.34e74bfa1d3d24d127cbe1e078d9eede.png

Now why he does Director's Cuts with a portion of his films, Snyder touched on this late in 2023. It his sharing of content that otherwise studios would not allow in a Theatrical Cut.

Edited by Bosco685

On 6/15/2024 at 6:16 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Why does every Snyder movie have a directors cut months after its failure?  Especially these movies, which I would guess Netflix would let him do things the way he wanted it originally.  

This was apparently baked into the plan with Netflix under the original deal. 

Makes some amount of sense, as Netflix gets multiple "releases" of the film, which potentially bump viewership numbers each time, while just paying for "one" film.  

On 6/16/2024 at 11:41 AM, Axelrod said:

This was apparently baked into the plan with Netflix under the original deal. 

Makes some amount of sense, as Netflix gets multiple "releases" of the film, which potentially bump viewership numbers each time, while just paying for "one" film.  

You missed the part where she implied every Snyder movie that is a failure leads to a Director's Cut. But even with Watchmen (2009), though it failed at the theatrical box office it excelled via Home Theater Sales, delivering a minimum of $153M at the Domestic Market alone. And in the case of the Director's Cut of the film, this overcame the reaction of the Theatrical Cut leading to those massive sale.

image.png.3b15d1abc56bfc12541081161b8ad8a2.png