• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART TWO: THE SCARGIVER direct by Zack Snyder (4/19/24)

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On the film side, "Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver" debuted on top with 740.8 million minutes watched and 6.1 million views. The release of the sequel gave a boost to "Rebel Moon — Part One: A Child of Fire," which landed at No. 4 with 200.5 million minutes watched and 1.4 million views.

Edited by Bosco685

By Apr. 30th, Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver had fallen out of Netflix's Top 5 in the U.S., behind such cinematic juggernauts as rom-com "Anyone But You," a Smurfs movie and (checks notes) food documentary "Hack Your Health." 

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 5.41.25 AM.png

On 4/30/2024 at 5:46 AM, Gatsby77 said:

By Apr. 30th, Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver had fallen out of Netflix's Top 5 in the U.S., behind such cinematic juggernauts as rom-com "Anyone But You," a Smurfs movie and (checks notes) food documentary "Hack Your Health." 

Ok, but yeah, keep in mind "Anyone But You" had Sydney Sweeny in a bikini, so yeah expectations man.

On 4/30/2024 at 5:46 AM, Gatsby77 said:

It so disrupts your morning Zack Snyder had a big viewing win.

:Rocket:

On 4/30/2024 at 6:47 AM, media_junkie said:

Ok, but yeah, keep in mind "Anyone But You" had Sydney Sweeny in a bikini, so yeah expectations man.

Fair. I hear Glen Powell has quite the umm… fan base as well.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:47 AM, media_junkie said:

It's a movie release. Not a series where there will be multiple episodes associated with the production. There is going to be that big burst and then a drop-off.

Kind of like when someone mistakenly compared Jupiter Ascending to Rebel Moon Part One.

On 4/30/2024 at 10:45 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's a movie release. Not a series where there will be multiple episodes associated with the production. There is going to be that big burst and then a drop-off.

Kind of like when someone mistakenly compared Jupiter Ascending to Rebel Moon Part One.

?

Not a mistake.

Jupiter Ascending was - and is - an apt comparison to Rebel Moon.

Both were highly anticipated, big budget, high cocept sci-fi projects for Netflix by noted auteurs that opened with a huge splash, burned out quickly and then faded into obscurity with little impact on the pop culture zeitgeist.

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 11:49 AM, Gatsby77 said:

?

Not a mistake.

Jupiter Ascending was - and is - an apt comparison to Rebel Moon.

Both were highly anticipated, big budget, high cocept sci-fi projects for Netflix by noted auteurs that opened with a huge splash, burned out quickly and then faded into obscurity with little impact on the pop culture zeitgeist.

You were off. You just won't admit to it in comparing a series to a movie. Even professional industry tracking sites like the article I posted above break out movies from series.

image.png.2139720175ac7e6899295f1e417f38a0.png

image.png.ebaa92f0665df812ebc9e9971ac0c8c1.png

Good try though. :cheers:

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/30/2024 at 2:53 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Woody Woodpecker? Really? Wow. I thought that property was stone cold dead.

I was surprised when I saw that news too. But then again we had a Tom & Jerry movie come out a few years back. Not sure how that went over.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

I was surprised when I saw that news too. But then again we had a Tom & Jerry movie come out a few years back. Not sure how that went over.

It didn't do well but then again they have done 3-4 of them over the past 20 years or so.

Woody, however? I've not seen anything from him since the 70s.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:11 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

It didn't do well but then again they have done 3-4 of them over the past 20 years or so.

Woody, however? I've not seen anything from him since the 70s.

I know. And with a property that old and disconnected from modern times it's difficult to see how he becomes mainstream again.

On 4/30/2024 at 4:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

I know. And with a property that old and disconnected from modern times it's difficult to see how he becomes mainstream again.

I guess they figure with all the "similar looking" CGI characters out there that kids won't care. I can see that, actually.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

It sucked hard core man, my kids begged to see it and even they were like WTF when we left the theaters.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:36 PM, media_junkie said:

It sucked hard core man, my kids begged to see it and even they were like WTF when we left the theaters.

Woody Wood Pecker GIFs | Tenor

On 4/24/2024 at 3:07 PM, Rodey said:

I know. I like this movie better than the first. My fav character is the lady with the heat blades. Wish we had a chance to delve deeper into her backstory.

i get no respect (rodney dangerfield)