• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Back Button
2 2

32 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 1:33 PM, CGC Mike said:

For reference, I use a laptop, and I can move around the forum at lightning speed.  

My laptop is probably 30,000 years old. The issues have only manifested over the last few weeks for me. When I go back to work in a few days, I'll check performance there. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/23/2023 at 9:59 AM, Jayman said:

Yes. Page seems to load but as you scroll downward, images still take time to load. And if I scroll too fast, guess what? Page reloads! :tonofbricks:

I'm getting this as well on my laptop but only when using Safari. I don't seem to have this issue when on Google Chrome?

On 8/22/2023 at 7:32 PM, Eclipse said:

Is it just me or does the back button not work on this site anymore?

Is it doing the thing where you have to click back a few times to get to the previous page? I noticed it happens occasionally on the desktop site (PC via MS Edge), so I have to hold on to the back button to get the drop-down list of previous pages and just manually select it from the list. 

The mobile version (iPhone via Safari) is almost unusable with how slow everything takes to load...

another thing on tablet.

When clicking the black dot for 1st unread post and hitting a profile page instead?

You can't even hit the X of the refresh to stop loading the profile page, to then click what you wanted. By the time it realizes that your trying to stop the page load its already loaded and when you then refresh after not being able to click on anything from a half loaded page... it ends up on the profile page you accidentally clicked on.

Just have to wait that much longer to go back and hope it hits the correct button again lol

On 8/24/2023 at 2:31 AM, joeypost said:

Seems the issue (at least for me) is on my mobile devices

Tried out loading on my laptop.

Pretty much instantaneous.  Complete opposite to the phone. Safari browser on both.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Windows 10 & Opera. My desktop has been sluggish for the last few weeks. One day I closed all of the windows that I had opened. I then opened a new one, and was greeted with a notice that Opera had updated. Worked great for a couple of days, just like a new computer, but now it's back to being sluggish again.

Edited by Artifiction

Things are fine on my phone, Android using Chrome. Though the damn log-in bug has gotten worse, and I don't know how that's possible.