• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is really starting to annoy me.

63 posts in this topic

I'm sure this issue has been discussed before, but it's really starting to get to me.

Action #413 auction

This issue of DC Comics "Action Comics with Superman" #413 is in Fine Condition! A very nice glossy cover! This is a 52 page issue! Overstreet Value of $28.00, a low starting bid of $7.99

Why not just say "Overstreet Value of $350,000 (last years #1 guide price in NM). I mean......this book isn't a NM copy of #413 or #1......so both prices are just as accurate for this particular book. (yes...I'm exaggerating.....but you get my point).

Now.....with someone that didn't know any better....I would overlook it. But this persons "ME" page states:

"I have been in the Sport Collectibles business for over 20 years specializing in Vintage Baseball Cards, Silver Age Comic Books, and Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper & other soda collectible bottles."

Maybe I'm overreacting.......but this person looked the price up in the guide......they could have just as easily quoted the Fine price ($9) for it.....although then it wouldn't seem like they offered the "low starting bid" like they stated in their auction ($7.99).

Am I the only one bothered with this tactic.....especially by people in the industry that know better? At least state the price you give is for a NM copy.......or give the ACTUAL price for the book in the grade that you're offering.

Ok.....I'm done venting. Someone let me know if this is a board member and I'll either delete my post or take some of the "frustration" out of it.

This is just an obvious case of rightitus....he can only see the price that is in the right hand column.... crazy.gif

Deceptive practice...of course...you know it, I know it....but he is counting on an impulsive newbie not knowing it and hitting the BIN... mad.gif

Action%20413.JPG

Shaddup, I'm pissed that 2 CGC books got damaged today! Damn forum member! You know who you are! Use a friggin' box next time! mad.gif

I'll embarass him so much that he'll out himself! mad.gif

[!@#%^&^], I hate getting books reslabbed. Waste of postage due to the heavier weight!