• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grader notes comment.
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Was looking today to possibly buy a pricey (well pricey to me around 3 thousand dollars) silver age CGC comic but when I looked it up on the CGC site it had no grader notes. I knew it was common for higher grade books to not have notes but this was/is a 7.0. I asked about this subject on one of the FB GCG sites and got eaten alive in the comments. (so welcoming! 🤪) To each their own but I personally would not spend 3 grand on a 7.0 book without grader notes so the seller lost a sale. Really not asking for comments here but making a personal observation. Happy collecting. 

Is it in an older slab? Sometimes the notes that may have been are unavailable. Although I’m curious what you are hoping the notes share? Is there a flaw you despise so much that if the book had it you would pass? If so I’m sure communication and extra pics from the seller would help ease your mind.

Are you looking for CGC notes that suggest a grade bump could happen? I’m just curious why you need the notes and why that would prevent you from owning a book. I’ve never felt I needed notes on a CGC book to ease my mind about buying it (unless it was very low grade and I wanted to ensure the interior was complete or something to that effect).

It's not an old slab actually it was graded very recently. And yea there are definitely some defects that I like to avoid like foxing. Again to each his own but I will wait I just prefer notes. If it's not a big deal to others you do you. 

IMG_1731.jpeg