• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THIS ******* **** HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!

68 posts in this topic

If tickets prices keep rising and ticket sales keep falling, Hollywood can set a new BO record each year even as the audiences slip away.

Of course, but what are you trying to debate?

I simply stated that Hollywood had set a new Box Office record in 2004, and that 2005 is slated to be the second best Box Office total, and was greeted with a "WRONG!" reply. Obviously I am right, as the term Box Office = $$$ and the numbers match up.

End of story.

P.S. Don't believe everything the Hollywood hype machine feeds you.

what Im trying to point out (not debate) is that YOUR use of box office records is only a PART of the equation. And, Im pretty sure you knew that too. So for you to only quote half the story to make your point was a bit disingenuous.

as for believing Hollywood? nah. But in this case, Hollywood itself is admitting it's having a lousy year. So, are you inplying they are lying and therefore hiding huge profits?

My opinion is that there are still plenty of revenue streams out there for the right films. And that box office will bounce back when movies come out in bunches that people want to buy tickets for. After a few clunkers, audiences just arent all that anxious to go to the next one,. but after a couple of movies they liked, they ARE far more willing to run out for another film. But, overall, the expenses are rising, and when costs rise, ticket prices have to rise just to break even. So the busines of releasing films keeps getting dicier and dicier. Not hopeless of course or the game would have ended long ago.

They should try it again now. Us old people want our books cheap and we want them now! Christo_pull_hair.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifDEFINE OLD.............. ASK BY A 55 YEAR-OLD COLLECTOR.......... headbang.gif

Old enough to be your daughter.

Oh yes, I remember now , you having said once, I was as old as your father....... foreheadslap.gif

Dude, I feel guilty for hitting on chicks that are 25. I am 34. Man.....55 must be the new 30. Heheheheeheh devil.gifgrin.gif

gossip.gifAsk around my friend...........(women) NOT CHICKS.....dig older MEN.......... headbang.gifyay.gif

They dig their graves? confused.gif

Dude, I feel guilty for hitting on chicks that are 25. I am 34. Man.....55 must be the new 30. Heheheheeheh devil.gifgrin.gif

gossip.gifAsk around my friend...........(women) NOT CHICKS.....dig older MEN.......... headbang.gifyay.gif

I thought WOMEN Dug Old Men's MONEY!!!! yay.gifgrin.gif

Try being a 27 year old grad student, teaching a class containing quite a few 19-21 year olds. I get hugs on a daily basis. I hope it won't get me in trouble, but what harm does a few little hugs do. wink.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was priced out of the market when comics went to $1.00. Sometimes I feel a little cheap around here when people list their pull lists and talk about the latest goings-on, but I just can't pay $2.50-2.99 per comic. Well, I *can*, I just don't want to, so I don't.

I usually get moderns half-cover at my local used bookstore a few months after they're printed, so I'm never up on the latest & greatest when they first come out, but when I buy mine, I know they're not even worth half-cover, really. I'm just a frugal completist, so I know I'm going to get them, I just try to find them at the best price.

Neither. No offense Brain.

They dig their graves? confused.gif

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. PWND!

None taken....... hi.gif Just do not like seeing women called chicks as I have two younger sisters.

None taken....... hi.gif Just do not like seeing women called chicks as I have two younger sisters.

Damn straight! We are women, hear us roar! 893applaud-thumb.gif

what about broads?

what about broads?

"I don't know how many time I've told those boys, never call chicks broads."

uhf20.jpg