• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damage question-concerning
1 1

3 posts in this topic

CGC Cert # 4280512004
Submission #4312070 

I sent this book in due to mechanical error as the case was very damaged on the back when received. I happened to check the images today and they were updated. I know this because the original image showed the damage on the back of the case. The grade did not change but it looks like there is damage on the front cover now which is attached. Also, the book looks to be very crooked in the case.  I'm concerned that I was encouraged to send it back in because of the damaged case and now looks like I'm getting an even more concerning mechanical error. (if these images are correct) I'm not one to generally complain about things and have had nothing but good experiences with my books. I hope this is not damage on the book.  What is available to me concerning this? Am I able to do a claim on declared value? Or received some type of compensation for this. This book was from my childhood and hoping it really is not damaged as shown in the newly updated images. 

CGC4280512-004_OBV.jpg

Edited by Bloomsdeath
Updated info

• Administrator

Hello, thanks for reaching out. It looks like this book is on its way back to you today. Once it has been returned to you, please review the book in person to see if there are any damages. If you do find there may have been damage while in our possession, please contact customer service at submissions@cgccomics.com within 14 days so they can review the possible damages and discuss with our verification team how to move forward. 

The book will most likely need to be returned to our facility again for an internal review of the damages before any claim can be started; however, this will be decided at the time of contact. Please note, any photos that you have (before and after) of the book will be very helpful. Thank you. 

On 8/29/2023 at 8:54 AM, CrystalM CS said:

Hello, thanks for reaching out. It looks like this book is on its way back to you today. Once it has been returned to you, please review the book in person to see if there are any damages. If you do find there may have been damage while in our possession, please contact customer service at submissions@cgccomics.com within 14 days so they can review the possible damages and discuss with our verification team how to move forward. 

The book will most likely need to be returned to our facility again for an internal review of the damages before any claim can be started; however, this will be decided at the time of contact. Please note, any photos that you have (before and after) of the book will be very helpful. Thank you. 

Are the previous images available, the ones prior to the most recent upload?