• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The X-men: Deadly Genesis Mystery Villains is...(speculation/possible spoiler)

116 posts in this topic

What are you asking me for? I don't even read this Modern crepe.. .

P.S. What is Asteroid M?

Hmmm, sounds more like Krakoa, which would be the natural "Deadly Genesis" Bronze Age retcon. Then Mimic and some other unknown mutants were actually defeated and being eaten by Krakoa, were encased in the asteroid after the X-men blasted that mutant island into space?

And some of them came back....

P.S. What is Asteroid M?

How long have you not been reading comics? confused-smiley-013.gif

Since Marvel started printing comics *only* for the aging fanboy, so I'd say around 1990-91 or so.

Ah. Yeah, that would be about the time Asteroid M came to be. X-Men #1.

asterod m was like xmen 100 or something, thinks that what they were leaving when they crashed and phoenix was born, if not it was shortly afterwards.

Its refreshing to see someone reach back for a story from years ago and put a fresh perspective on it.

Refreshing? That's basically ALL Marvel has pumped out the last decade or so, in an effort to lure/keep aging fanboys by constantly mining old Silver and Bronze Age material. The Ultimate comics are the most obvious example of course, but virtually all the "major stories" are plucked from the past, and often from What If comics.

"Refreshing" would be to actually do something NEW for a freaking change.

Marvel's only choice is to market to aging fanboys. If you havent noticed comics are just plain dying as a medium. By not marketing to the younger generation other then in the form of games Marvel has slit its own throat it will just take 20 years or so. I really hate being so negative about it, but its pretty true. If you want new then try House of M its utter [embarrassing lack of self control] in my opinion but its new stuff I guess. sign-rantpost.gif

Deadly Genesis so far is well thought out and mysterious title so far. Brubaker drops a few clues but not enough to solve it. This type of storyline is what is good for comics. Those who comment here and then dont read any of it really dont care any weight and I wonder why they even bother posting here.

Brubaker has been posting alot on CBGs site so feel free to check out his opinions there as he debates back and forth with posters. Seems like a great fan of Marvel. I sadly had to inform him that DC was kicking Marvel's [embarrassing lack of self control] this year.

27_laughing.gif

I sadly had to inform him that DC was kicking Marvel's [embarrassing lack of self control] this year.

That may be true as a whole; but DC can't touch Brubaker himself. His Captain America series is the #1 book in Marvel's repetroire (sp?)

I sadly had to inform him that DC was kicking Marvel's [embarrassing lack of self control] this year.

That may be true as a whole; but DC can't touch Brubaker himself. His Captain America series is the #1 book in Marvel's repetroire (sp?)

27_laughing.gif That's like saying "Mmm, look at that yummy peanut in that big pile of shtt..."

27_laughing.gif That's like saying "Mmm, look at that yummy peanut in that big pile of shtt..."

That was a good one. sign-funnypost.gif

I'm wondering if it is going to be an amalgam of Mimic and Proteus. At the end of Exiles #71 (or so), Proteus takes over Mimics body and then disappears (they'd been on Earth 616 right before vanishing). At that very moment, the House of M revert occurs. That Mimic body had Scott Summers abilities which may be why it could deflect Cyclops powers. Keep in mind, I haven't read further in Exiles or DG as I'm a bit behind in reading.

Pat

P.S. What is Asteroid M?

Since Marvel started printing comics *only* for the aging fanboy, so I'd say around 1990-91 or so.

Wikipedia says X-Men # 5, 1964?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_M#First_one

P.S. What is Asteroid M?

Ah, that would explain it. JC stopped reading around X-Men #4 1964. After that Marvel's just been playing to the aging fanboys. yeahok.gif

P.S. What is Asteroid M?

Ah, that would explain it. JC stopped reading around X-Men #4 1964. After that Marvel's just been playing to the aging fanboys. yeahok.gif

sign-funnypost.gif