• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The X-men: Deadly Genesis Mystery Villains is...(speculation/possible spoiler)

116 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Is it me, or does it seem desperately obvious that the new Mystery Villain tauted by Marvel in the Deadly Genesis series is Scott Land (from X-men #96-100... he was trying to capture the X-men with the new Sentinels using Dr. Trask's old plans - also the storyline that led to the manifestation of the Phoenix in Jean Grey)? I mean - the costumes are almost identical, and it fits with most of the stuff Ed Brubaker has been saying.

Didn't Lang die and then transport his mind to a Master Sentinel, that was then trashed by the Hulk?

Then again, that was probably a Skrull imposter or clone that died... screwy.gif

Okay, maybe I'm mixed up... who is Scott Land? confused-smiley-013.gif

Are you really bringing up the point that someone "died" in a comic book?

But he actually did die, unless it's a clone or Skrull imposter, and I'd be surprised if Marvel wants to start the "Clone Wars" again for such an uninportant villain. Of course they can bring him back, but it's not Norman Osborne we're talking about, and I doubt the risk is worth the payout.

Far more likely they're steal from the original series and introduce "Seth Lang, son of noted mutant hater, Steven Lang" as the villain.

"You killed my father!!"

Nice article on Newsarama with Bru about the series and THE 3RD SUMMERS BROTHER WILL BE REVEALED! (not that I am even interested anymore...but hey it will be cool to know)

Great article with some teasers!

sorry no link

Are you really bringing up the point that someone "died" in a comic book?

But he actually did die, unless it's a clone or Skrull imposter, and I'd be surprised if Marvel wants to start the "Clone Wars" again for such an uninportant villain. Of course they can bring him back, but it's not Norman Osborne we're talking about, and I doubt the risk is worth the payout.

Far more likely they're steal from the original series and introduce "Seth Lang, son of noted mutant hater, Steven Lang" as the villain.

"You killed my father!!"

"Prepare to die."

Hey Guys,

Is it me, or does it seem desperately obvious that the new Mystery Villain tauted by Marvel in the Deadly Genesis series is Scott Land (from X-men #96-100... he was trying to capture the X-men with the new Sentinels using Dr. Trask's old plans - also the storyline that led to the manifestation of the Phoenix in Jean Grey)? I mean - the costumes are almost identical, and it fits with most of the stuff Ed Brubaker has been saying.

I lean in an opposite direction. I think Xavier had sent another team at Krakoa before the new X-men and they all died. Krakoa let out Cyclops to attract more mutants and the second team GS1 team beat him. This person is either related to Scott Summers or one of the other X-men as he knows all the older X-men and Xavier I think basically wiped out his existence from their minds. Wanda's energy revives and him and they are still others entombed in that rock which I think is Krakoa.

I hope this leads up to a return of Krakoa someday. One of the better X story lines I have read in the last 15 years or so. Its about time somebody start writing the X-men correctly again. I am along for the ride on this one. Its refreshing to see someone reach back for a story from years ago and put a fresh perspective on it.

Hey Guys,

I lean in an opposite direction. I think Xavier had sent another team at Krakoa before the new X-men and they all died. Krakoa let out Cyclops to attract more mutants and the second team GS1 team beat him. This person is either related to Scott Summers or one of the other X-men as he knows all the older X-men and Xavier I think basically wiped out his existence from their minds. Wanda's energy revives and him and they are still others entombed in that rock which I think is Krakoa.

I hope this leads up to a return of Krakoa someday. One of the better X story lines I have read in the last 15 years or so. Its about time somebody start writing the X-men correctly again. I am along for the ride on this one. Its refreshing to see someone reach back for a story from years ago and put a fresh perspective on it.

I like this idea - a "secret" team prepped by Xavier that came across Krakoa and died would be kind of cool. And that would kind of lend itself to the darker side of Xavier that is being played up as of late.

My main guess is Proteus since something was making the xmen see things not there, but i had been contemplating mimic also.

NM the article basically said the villian didn't know who any of the new xmen were so that blows the proteus theory wink.gifsorry.gif

"I lean in an opposite direction. I think Xavier had sent another team at Krakoa before the new X-men and they all died. Krakoa let out Cyclops to attract more mutants and the second team GS1 team beat him. This person is either related to Scott Summers or one of the other X-men as he knows all the older X-men and Xavier I think basically wiped out his existence from their minds. Wanda's energy revives and him and they are still others entombed in that rock which I think is Krakoa."

That's a very interesting idea. It sounds plausible and as something I'd look forward to reading. This theory also fits in with some of the reader complaints back when GS X-men #1 first came out. The New X-men were not originally big hits...and many old time readers were asking "who are these people" and "why would Xavier pick so many unknown mutants to do such an important rescue". Based on your theory, Xavier had already sent in some bigger guns(who failed) and he was possibly scraping the bottom of the barrel for the New X-men(this theory is not a diss of the new X-men as you could explain that they did beat Krakaoa when nobody else could).

Its refreshing to see someone reach back for a story from years ago and put a fresh perspective on it.

Refreshing? That's basically ALL Marvel has pumped out the last decade or so, in an effort to lure/keep aging fanboys by constantly mining old Silver and Bronze Age material. The Ultimate comics are the most obvious example of course, but virtually all the "major stories" are plucked from the past, and often from What If comics.

"Refreshing" would be to actually do something NEW for a freaking change.

NM the article basically said the villian didn't know who any of the new xmen were so that blows the proteus theory wink.gifsorry.gif

That's why I guessed Mimic, as he has the ability to emulate all the powers shown, and "died" pre-New X-Men, so naturally would not know them.

so how is he blocking cyclops blasts at close range? Jean Grey? Mimic just doesn't seem like the wow villian they need. He makes sense but i will be snoozing if it ends up being him. And how did he end up on asteroid M if he's old x-men?