• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Archie art auction

15 posts in this topic

The Heritage Archie art auction (ended yesterday) had a ton of great pieces for fans of the Riverdale gang. I missed out on all 3 of the Hostess ads in the auction, but picked up a nice 'Archie at Riverdale High' cover from 1981 -- one that I remember buying off the stands, in fact -- for a pretty good price. I'm not sure it was the best thing to do a single auction on just Archie art, but I also don't follow the market too closely. 

Anyone else win anything at the auction?

On 9/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, vodou said:

No. But I consider the Bob Montana complete story preliminary set from the 1950s for under $400 to have been absolutely stolen 😉

I saw that and even though I'm not that familiar with the Montana Archie art market, that seemed absurdly cheap. I saw a few other pieces go at low enough prices that I regretted not bidding :)

On 9/3/2023 at 11:31 AM, Michael Browning said:

Archie OA collectors are as notoriously cheap as Thor and Hulk and DC art collectors, so it didn't surprise me at the low results on some pieces that I thought would sell really high.

For instance? 

On 9/3/2023 at 2:31 PM, Michael Browning said:

Archie OA collectors are as notoriously cheap as Thor and Hulk and DC art collectors, so it didn't surprise me at the low results on some pieces that I thought would sell really high.

In me experience Hulk Art collectors overpay especially when hes depicted as enraged. Cuuent auctions bear that out. Agreed on Thor.