• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supes 1 cover
4 4

51 posts in this topic

Well the eBay seller in the description says it’s real, so it must be haha. Always trust a low feedback seller with no other sales when they tell you a Superman cover is real! Anyway, if it seems too good to be true it probably is. I know a repro cover was making the rounds online some years ago, seller pawning it off as real. This may be it rearing it’s ugly head again.

On 9/6/2023 at 12:35 PM, thecollectron said:

It looks to me like a cover from a Famous First Edition.

I don't think it is a FFE cover because there are the dotted cut-out lines on the back cover, which is not on the FFE.  Also the blues for the FFE have a much lighter tone than the original. To me at first glance, the ebay covers seem to be the original from 1939.  

On 9/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, Dark Knight said:

I don't think it is a FFE cover because there are the dotted cut-out lines on the back cover, which is not on the FFE.  Also the blues for the FFE have a much lighter tone than the original. To me at first glance, the ebay covers seem to be the original from 1939.  

You’re correct. I should have inspected my FFE before posting.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:51 PM, Gotham Kid said:

how can the seller sell the book twice ?

Only thing I would think is he cancelled the original auction and then immediately found a seller for $10K more. It’s shady as hell lol. Only justification I would think for that is someone messaged him that he sold it too cheap, and decided to relist. I mean who’s going to take him seriously after it being relisted though haha.

Yup! And after knowing that someone jumped on it quick at $12k when there is an option for a best offer, there's always the possibility he will resist for an even higher buy price. 

But anyways for me, the biggest red flag is the seller himself. No other listings other than the cover. Also no recent history of selling anything at all. Lastly, his last sale was a month ago on maybe just 1 item based on his feedback card. There's that possibility it could be a hijacked account. Who knows, but we'll see if the buyer gets the cover.

Edited by Dark Knight