• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Little Carousel of Comics
6 6

119 posts in this topic

Thread Recap

I am planning to post some raw books soon, but in the meantime please take 10% off the remaining slabbed books. Lots of nice books still available, and of course always happy to consider PM offers, many thanks to everyone for having a look :smile:

PAGE 1

Fantastic Four 6 CGC 5.0 OW-W $1000.00 SOLD

Fantastic Four 20 CGC 7.0 OW-W $700.00

PAGE 2  

Fantastic Four 26 CGC 7.5 OW-W $435.00 SOLD

Fantastic Four 66 CGC 8.5 OW-W $225.00

Fantastic Four 210 CGC 9.6 OW $110.00  

Tales of Suspense 80 CGC 8.5 W $125.00 SOLD :news:

Fantastic Four 2 CGC 6.5 OW  $3250.00 SOLD :news:

Fantastic Four 3 CGC 4.5 OW-W $1650.00

Fantastic Four 12 CGC 4.5 CR-OW $1150.00  

Fantastic Four 16 CGC 7.0 OW-W $600.00 SOLD :news:

Fantastic Four 19 CGC 6.5 W $550.00 SOLD :news:

Edited by crassus

On 9/7/2023 at 10:41 AM, crassus said:

Tales of Suspense 80 CGC 8.5 W  (Pressing history Unknown$125.00

Grader notes

light staining to cover
light tears to cover
tear centerfold
very light creasing to cover

ToS-80-CGC85-W-fc.jpg

ToS-80-CGC85-W-bc.jpg

take at 10 percent off

On 9/13/2023 at 3:51 PM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 16 and 19 have both SOLD via PM! :news:

Thank you kind sir! :takeit:

Hi everyone, top of the morning to you all, I am going to start posting some raw books this morning, and throughout the weekend. I hope to get it all done this weekend so those of you who have been very patient following this thread can have your books shipped out next week. For those who have made PM inquiries I will follow up with you also today, and I appreciate the interest. The 10% discount still applies to the remaining slabs above. When I have all the raw books posted I will do another recap etc... many thanks for bearing with me as this unfolds :smile:

Edited by crassus

Lovelorn 5 3.0 (Bright with superior colours but diminished gloss, still some reflectivity; all firmly attached, staples clean; book has two major flaws that keep it down, a larger 2.5" tear in the fc visible thru the letter box br fc, and a second, smaller 1.25" tear lower spine fc visible thru what I take as the eye of the Horus falcon, this second tear has tape behind it on the inside cover; otherwise mod cb spine & edge wear consistent with a 5.0; cb crnr crses br fc & bl bc; light tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW-W) $50.00

Lovelorn-5-fc.jpg

Lovelorn-5-bc.jpg

Heart Throbs 34 6.5 (Bright with still good gloss and reflectivity, strong colours; sig defect is a vertical cb crse left btm edge fc near spine..you can see it running up the shoulder to the neck of the guy in the bl crnr with the glasses; otherwise light to mod spine & edge wear, most visible next to top & btm spine fc; v light partial cb thumb crse left edge bc; light to mod cb spine stress; dust shdw along top edge bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs mainly at top; PQ is OW) $45.00

HT-34-fc.jpg

HT-34-bc.jpg

Falling in Love 122 5.0 (Bright & glossy; all attached but btm staple has spot of rust with sm stains fc & at cf; mod spine & edge wear, mainly long cb crses right btm edge fc; mod cb spine stress; light ink spray top edge fc; sm cb crnr crses 3 of 4 crnrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer fc & bc; note pencil "96" above the "g" in title; PQ is OW-W) $8.00 SOLD

FallingL-122-fc.jpg

FallingL-122-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Young Romance 196 5.0 (Bright & glossy; all attached staples clean;  extensive ncb surface wear, bumps, dents, folds etc but a lot of it; mod spine & edge wear, mainly top & btm edges bc with longer cb crse & sm 1/8" tear top edge bc; mod cb spine stress; vertical cb crse ul fc thru "DC"; sm cb crse br crnr fc; production ink stain top of girl's head; light to mod ink transfer fc & bc; PQ is a nicer OW-W) $5.00 SOLD 

YR-196-fc.jpg

YR-196-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

My Own Romance 45 4.0 (Bright & glossy; mod cb spine & edge wear, mainly book length reader's crse fc & rough overhang top edges fc & bc; cb crnr crses ur fc & bl bc; light to mod cb & ncb surface wear fc & bc consistent with grade; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $65.00

My-ownRom-45-fc.jpg

My-ownRom-45-bc.jpg

Bill Barnes 4 Q 6.5 (I have no idea how to grade this so I am going with a Qualified grade, the main defect is the 2 neatly punched binder holes top and btm spine, otherwise presents as nice midgrade; bright & glossy; mod spine & edge wear, mainly cb patches along spine, mod cb spine stress; sm cb crses ur crnr fc & ul crnr bc; sm dogear br crnr fc; sm cb crse adjacent btm hole fc; sm chip with 1/4" tear top spine bc, cb ding right btm edge bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $115.00 SOLD

BillBarnes-4-fc.jpg

BillBarnes-4-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos 8 5.0 (cracked out CGC 5.0 CR-OW, label incl; Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; book is structurally closer to VF, but grade determined by mod to heavy tanning interior cvrs, and PQ imo is better described as Tan-Cream, see additional pic below; otherwise light wear associated with a 7.5-8.0 condition, v sm chip top spine bc; crnr blunting with v sm crnr chip bl bc; light to mod spine & edge wear; sm impact with slight cb btm spine bc; note sm spot of rust top staple at cf, but no migration or stains; PQ again on the darker side of CR-OW closer to Tan-CR) $40.00 SOLD 

SgtFury-8-fc.jpg

SgtFury-8-bc.jpg

SgtFury-8-int-1.jpg

SgtFury-8-int-2.jpg

Edited by crassus

Captain Marvel 18 8.0 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear; light cb spine stress; main defects are cb impacts top & btm spine, & a cb thumb crse center r-edge fc and what determined grade; note partial green d-stamp ur bc; printer's-crses fc & longer bc; light tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $25.00 SOLD

CapMarv-18-fc.jpg

CapMarv-18-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Marvel Feature 3 7.0 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear, mainly a cb thumb crse left top edge fc & light cb wear left edge bc; some production ink? top edge fc; only other notable defect is mod stacking transfer fc & bc, its presence on the fc, visible ur fc and along spine fc determined the grade, book is otherwise structurally closer to 8.5; PQ is OW) $12.00

MF-3-fc.jpg

MF-3-bc.jpg