• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The entire chat forum will be temporarily unavailable on September 11th
6 6

119 posts in this topic

But seriously I hope it works!
I hadn't noticed all the *other, ie video/games/cards/ and etc. so I assumed it was "new" but only under the normal cgccomics.com webpage of chatboards, since that is their main site, which would make it easier to get too and universal for their website.

IDK really if any "fixes" to boards functionality was spoken of at all :sorry: 

On 9/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

But seriously I hope it works!
I hadn't noticed all the *other, ie video/games/cards/ and etc. so I assumed it was "new" but only under the normal cgccomics.com webpage of chatboards, since that is their main site, which would make it easier to get too and universal for their website.

IDK really if any "fixes" to boards functionality was spoken of at all :sorry: 

Of course it was down for at least 2 hrs, so one would hope but idk :jawdrop:

With Windows 10, Google Chrome, the bell icon in the top right corner of the boards shows that there are notifications while the page is loading, but once the page is loaded, they go away.  I have to click on the 'bell' to see new notifications.  In other words, the little black circle with a number inside of it doesn't populate after the browser finishes loading the page.  Glitch #2 for me.  So far, so good. :banana:

Glitch #3: When I first tried to post the above comment, it didn't post.  I had to refresh Chrome to get it back, then post.  Kind of like what happens when people send PM's that don't get through unless you double check them.

Update: Comment didn't post a second time or a third time.  Byeeeeee!!! :(

Edited by Galen130

On 9/6/2023 at 8:13 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

This could mean that two other card forums elsewhere are going to merge with our existing TC forum here which would mean lots of new faces and members turning up all, possibly, with questions and log in related issues.

Or it could mean our TC forum here is being removed to join two other card chat boards somewhere else on the web. This would mean we'd lose the members who have been active in the card forum here and they may have questions for you if their home suddenly disappears.

In the expected absence of any update from CGC staff, it looks like the latter of the two scenarios has come to pass - we've lost the 'Trading Card' forum. Where it has gone, who knows, as my links to the CSG Sports Card forum no longer work. There must be a new web address out there somewhere for the newly combined card forum, but it isn't linked to the card home page at the time of writing:

https://www.cgccards.com/

The indexing message here has gone now, so I suppose the separation work is complete. Post counts seem to be down though - mine certainly is - and it looks like Roy is going to have to break through the 100K barrier all over again...

roy.PNG.b6bb490783af976ff38da25c358d20fe.PNG

That's a whole 715 posts needed without getting a holiday. Can he do it.....:popcorn:

On 9/12/2023 at 4:55 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Post counts seem to be down though

I am devastated that I lost my 21k post count.  I may cry.  I don’t care for my ‘popularity’ being screwed with.  MY WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!! :pullhair: (tsk):sumo:

Every time the techs screw with the boards, they leave it worse than what it was.  I miss the year 2020…roll it back, CGC!!!! :slapfight:

On 9/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, Galen130 said:

I am devastated that I lost my 21k post count.  I may cry.  I don’t care for my ‘popularity’ being screwed with.  MY WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!! :pullhair: (tsk):sumo:

:bigsmile:

I don't give a flying fart at a rolling doughnut myself, but there are some here that might. I'm more concerned that it may represent missing content.

On 9/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, Galen130 said:

Every time the techs screw with the boards, they leave it worse than what it was.  I miss the year 2020…roll it back, CGC!!!! :slapfight:

Do you think all our old card board members (that's the members of the card forum, not members made out of cardboard) are out there trying to find a log in page? Who would know....

Capture.thumb.PNG.bcd2544ee1e316bfd5874d29ef99cd3e.PNG

On 9/12/2023 at 7:42 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

:bigsmile:

I don't give a flying fart at a rolling doughnut myself, but there are some here that might. I'm more concerned that it may represent missing content.

Do you think all our old card board members (that's the members of the card forum, not members made out of cardboard) are out there trying to find a log in page? Who would know....

Capture.thumb.PNG.bcd2544ee1e316bfd5874d29ef99cd3e.PNG

Yeah, I don’t care about flying donuts either.  I thought it was a funny statement.  Now where my donuts??!! (shrug)

I don’t know about the card forums…I don’t participate there.  I’m sure they’re pulling their hair out though. :pullhair:

I couldn’t post any scans in my sales thread yesterday without having to constantly reload the page, so me’s got me’s own problems. 👍👍

IMG_0180.jpeg

On 9/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, Galen130 said:

I couldn’t post any scans in my sales thread yesterday without having to constantly reload the page, so me’s got me’s own problems. 👍👍

Hey, a ticket was sent to web help about that months ago Galen. What more do you want - updates? Or in the case of Images and Words, a response?

On 9/12/2023 at 7:54 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Hey, a ticket was sent to web help about that months ago Galen. What more do you want - updates? Or in the case of Images and Words, a response?

IMG_0359.gif

On 9/12/2023 at 11:55 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

In the expected absence of any update from CGC staff, it looks like the latter of the two scenarios has come to pass - we've lost the 'Trading Card' forum. Where it has gone, who knows, as my links to the CSG Sports Card forum no longer work. There must be a new web address out there somewhere for the newly combined card forum, but it isn't linked to the card home page at the time of writing:

https://www.cgccards.com/

The indexing message here has gone now, so I suppose the separation work is complete. Post counts seem to be down though - mine certainly is - and it looks like Roy is going to have to break through the 100K barrier all over again...

roy.PNG.b6bb490783af976ff38da25c358d20fe.PNG

That's a whole 715 posts needed without getting a holiday. Can he do it.....:popcorn:

It turns out that we didn't lose the Trading Card crowd, we gained the Sports Card crowd. They just forgot to make the new combined forum visible. 

On 9/10/2023 at 9:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

The phrase that concerns me is "one comic forum."  That sounds to me like a merger of all the currently separate comics forums into one giant forum.  I pray that's not what it means.

We are all in the Cornfield now...