• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Brave and the Bold #34
1 1

7 posts in this topic

So I have a feeling I know how this is going to go but I am interested in your input.  I got a hold of this copy of B&TB#34 that has a gnarly tear on the front cover.  That being said there has been no attempt at resto and the cover image is fairly cohesive when aligned properly.  The rest of the book seems to be in good shape outside of some hole punching at the top of the book throughout. I'm obviously not expecting a 9 (or a 5 for that matter) but I am interested in learning how such elements affect your grading rationale. 

Thanks in advance! 

jPB3tJn.jpg

9NNDMMx.jpg

6p9vPWT.jpg

lwSIyG4.jpg

OKUlmic.jpg

Cover tear front

43ukIAu.jpg

Cover tear back

wTGrc6v.jpg

2x3kJR8.jpg

ckFohf9.jpg

S62pLwJ.jpg

LodGSPO.jpg

VNIYFfg.jpg

S0vtlj4.jpg

ylr4Ktv.jpg

ACb07I9.jpg

On 9/7/2023 at 4:25 PM, harvust said:

The rest of the book seems to be in good shape outside of some hole punching at the top of the book throughout.

These "holes" are the result of bookworm/insect activity (possibly, a furniture beetle), not punching.  :foryou:

x2.thumb.jpg.6e354b1140e851883dd5e54d7958f172.jpg

On 9/8/2023 at 2:38 AM, zzutak said:

These "holes" are the result of bookworm/insect activity (possibly, a furniture beetle), not punching.  :foryou:

x2.thumb.jpg.6e354b1140e851883dd5e54d7958f172.jpg

oh cool! I've never seen this. ...do I need to treat that in any way?  I'd imagine it happened decades ago.

On 9/8/2023 at 9:50 AM, morbius21 said:

It would be a shame to slab that book. It has an example of every defect a book can have. What a great learning tool. That being said, 1.5. 

lol thanks!  I'm oddly proud of it.  As they say, "from humble beginnings"