• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reading comics?

20 posts in this topic

I have been collecting more then reading comics,but would like to start again.Does anyone here read comics on a regular bases,non investment books.If so which one are good to read,and I mean the new comics.

This is really a matter of taste, but I'd like to recommend the new JLA, Daredevil, Batman and the best of the best (as far as I'm concerned) is Elektra. Just love what they are doing to the character. (Yeah, I know - not everyone does.) Spawns still pretty decent.

I'm reading about 20 titles a month, and these are the ones that I really look forward to.

There is a thread in Modern with lots of suggestions.

Mine include

- Y the Last Man

- Ultimates (when it comes out)

- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (ditto, sigh)

- Batman

Just dropped Green Arrow, but enjoyed #1-20 or so of the current run.

Also reading 100 Bullets, but as a trade paperback.

And am picking up all the other Alan Moore ABC comics, but have fallen badly behind in my reading, so am only recommending them on faith!

Punisher, Captain America, 100 bullets, Y: The last man, Uncanny X-men. I pick up some vertigo stuff now and then when it catches my eye. Uncanny for once isn't too bad now that Chuck Austen is writing it. He does a decent job..

The story line in DETECTIVE, I think, is better then the Lee/BATMAN story.

HERO is pretty good.

FF is good. Didn't care for the new TORCH book.

LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN is my current favorite. But a long wait between issues.

I'll ditto that Detective right now is better than the boring, overrated, and over-hyped Hush story in Batman.

My reading list:

Batman

Detective

Daredevil

Green Lantern (which is quite dull right now, hope it gets better)

Catwoman

and anything else that catches my eye like the Batgirl Year One and Creeper mini-serieses. I'm also contemplating starting up with Fantastic Four again.

Cancelled?!

Yep.

According to THE PULSE, DC has confirmed that issue #27 will be the last for AMERICAN CENTURY. The series will end with a three-part story called "Bite the Big Apple".

More like "Bites the Big One," if you ask me ....

Al

Currently Reading:

LOEG (as everyone said, too much time in between issues)

Fables

Y - the Last Man

Ultimate Spidey

100 Bullets (was reading in trade only, but got subscription as waiting was a killer!! Best series going!)

Have been planning on picking up Alias for awhile, based on many high recommendations.

I'm sure all the ABC stuff is very good as well.

Chris

I generally read a substantial amount of new comics... here are my recommendations that basically echo what everyone else put up:

Batman (although i agree that the current tec storyline is a better read)

Ultimates

Ultimate Spider Man

JSA (MUCH better than JLA right now)

Amazing Spider Man

Avengers

I can't believe no one mentioned the Flash. I think this is probably the best book out there. The Geoff Johns storyline has provided some really strong stories in the past and the Scott Kollins art is fantastic. Some of the most solid out there. The trade paperbacks of this run are easy to pick up and worth a read!