• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Comics up for Auction on Ebay!

19 posts in this topic

Ya know usually when you are advertising an auction you actually provide a link for people to go to.

Just something to think about. img56.gif

Do I detect sarcasm? Cause your laying it on pretty thick

"I'm detecting high levels of sarcasm, Jim."

tosmc1.jpg

1017554-sarcasm-o-meter.gif

1017554-sarcasm-o-meter.gif.eff19429e95d37a5ac7d073564e76123.gif

news.gif

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you everyone, that I have put some really nice comics up for auction on Ebay. From Marvel, DC to Gold Key. If anyone is interested, please check my Ebay User ID: PiliArtGR. Thank you!

Daredevils, X-men, Flash, Thor, etc....

news.gif

I dont usually do this, but what the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? is up with the small arse, cropped scans? Hell, i had to get out my damn magnafying glasses to see them. Also, how the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? is everything you have vf+/nm? Thats a pretty big grade range and a big difference bewtween books. Looking at the auction for the Thor 161, you list the numerical range from 8.5-9.6. WTF ever. How about you post some bigger scans here? Im sure you get some bites if these books actually were vf+ or better. Hell, id buy the Thor 161 off of you cause I need to upgrade. And if you are going to send out bigger scans if someone asks, then why not put in a large scan in the auction to start with?

Sorry to be a pessimist, but I cant count how many people have came on here and done the exact same thing you have. Low post count, high grade books, and postage stamp scans. Kinda makes one a little bit jaded.

SupaPimp Thanks for the LINK! haha...was trying to do that, but im not a Internet Expert! 27_laughing.gif.....but arexcrooke, im sorry, but Im not going to be paying .75 cents extra for the SUPERSIZE FEATURE on EBAY. Hope you Understand, But its not too hard to believe that the grades are like that, they have been stored away for a very long time and I just recently opened them up, so there are in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Hope that Helps smile.gif

and the THOR 161 is in Excellent Condition as well...aa thanks for the tip, going to fix that on the auction..I did a 100 comic listing today and Im exhausted and tired , you get dizzy and tired after awhile while you spend 10 hours doing listings..But ill go and fix that smile.gif Thanks smile.gif

SupaPimp Thanks for the LINK! haha...was trying to do that, but im not a Internet Expert! 27_laughing.gif.....but arexcrooke, im sorry, but Im not going to be paying .75 cents extra for the SUPERSIZE FEATURE on EBAY. Hope you Understand, But its not too hard to believe that the grades are like that, they have been stored away for a very long time and I just recently opened them up, so there are in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Hope that Helps smile.gif

and the THOR 161 is in Excellent Condition as well...aa thanks for the tip, going to fix that on the auction..I did a 100 comic listing today and Im exhausted and tired , you get dizzy and tired after awhile while you spend 10 hours doing listings..But ill go and fix that smile.gif Thanks smile.gif

I didnt mean to come across as sounding like an utter arse, cause Im not. Maybe in the future you should think about subscribing to a place like photobucket.com and that way you can use basic html and add your own larger pics. Its really easy and you can get good size scans.

Good luck with the auctions.

yea someone told me about PhotoBucket, but I guess im sort of in a Rush to sell my comics, Time is Running out I guess over here on my side. But if you like i can send more scans too you in email if your interested in any of them...and I have no clue on how to write HTML stuff, I tried it to add graphics, but I can never get it too work....

I didnt mean to come across as sounding like an utter arse, cause Im not.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

You want a Thor #161 in VF+? Got one. Any others that I might be able to flog you? 27_laughing.gif

Oh, and I don't want to rain on your parade, tribaltech, but eBayer ubermanx, who is not in the habit of calling anyone out with the feedback he gives, felt it necessary to say...

'Bad grading & packaging. I got a discount but would never buy from her again.'

I'm sorry, but just because the comics look 'excellent' doesn't mean anything. 'Excellent' is not a recognised grade, and it is entirely subjective. Your excellent may be someone else's p1ss-poor, may be somebody else's NM. With tiny scans, no rep and one comment about your grading skills, quoted above, I would seriously reconsider withdrawing the auctions and starting again. Huge scans, detailed descriptions, etc.

Otherwise, you run the risk of getting a lot less for the books than you might.

Or it might be that you end up with exactly what the books are worth. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey Flaming, no problem you really dont have to bother looking at my auctions, if you dont like, dont bother smile.gif....just check on my feedback and what other PROs have to say so far about my comics..so far so good right?? And as for UbermanX he knows exactly what he did 27_laughing.gif, so no comment on that smile.gif....dont have time for people that are hating smile.gif....take care and good luck smile.gif

Otherwise, you run the risk of getting a lot less for the books than you might.

Or it might be that you end up with exactly what the books are worth.

That's why I have a low starting price, anyone bids, its theres smile.gif....Im not looking to make a killing or doing any of the whole CGCing thing, Im in other kind of business smile.gif...Anyway Take care and Good Luck smile.gif

Ebay User Id: PiliArtGR

Hey Flaming, no problem you really dont have to bother looking at my auctions, if you dont like, dont bother ............That's why I have a low starting price, anyone bids, its theres smile.gif....Im not looking to make a killing or doing any of the whole CGCing thing, Im in other kind of business smile.gif...Anyway Take care and Good Luck smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif well put 893applaud-thumb.gif

Everyone has started at 0!!! I will be bidding on a few of your books and hope that if I win that I am not sorely disappointed! However, I will not be upping my bid to VF/NM prices... I will stick to F... possibly Vf prices. I think that this way if I win and the grade is off by a point, I won't be too pi$$ed!

Good luck to you and Season's Greetings!

John

Hey Flaming, no problem you really dont have to bother looking at my auctions, if you dont like, dont bother ............That's why I have a low starting price, anyone bids, its theres smile.gif....Im not looking to make a killing or doing any of the whole CGCing thing, Im in other kind of business smile.gif...Anyway Take care and Good Luck smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif well put 893applaud-thumb.gif

Everyone has started at 0!!! I will be bidding on a few of your books and hope that if I win that I am not sorely disappointed! However, I will not be upping my bid to VF/NM prices... I will stick to F... possibly Vf prices. I think that this way if I win and the grade is off by a point, I won't be too pi$$ed!

Good luck to you and Season's Greetings!

John

Hello John.

I can not believe that you are saying that this type of thing is OK. frustrated.gif

If an Advertised grade of a book is NM, what you get should be NM makepoint.gif

If you buy a book as NM and it turns up as fine the grade is not out by 1 point. Its more like 6 grades out. Sure you have paid for a VF book but you are still not getting what you agreed to purchase.

Its funny how things don't go the other way. Why not advertise all the books as fair or good condition. At least that way you may get something better than you paid for.

Grossly misrepresenting a grade does nothing but take away from the many people that play by the rules and give a fair grade to a book.

Anyhow.

Good luck with you bidding.

Russ...

Am I going to see a scan of that VF+/NM Star Spangled 138 anytime soon? This is the fourth time I have asked, but I haven't heard back from you since you first PMed me to tell me about it. I'm not going to bid without a large scan. confused-smiley-013.gif

Just forget about this guy, he doesn't know anything about comics. If you want to sell to the guys on the boards, it would help if you at least acted like you know comics. God....

Like this....

Rated: Very Fine+/NM(9.2-9.6)

or this....

Rated: Very Fine+ (9.0-9.2)

or this...

Rated: Very Fine+ (9.2-9.6)

or this...

Rated: Fine+ (8.0-8.5)

or this...

Rated: Fine+/VF+ (8.5-9.2)

Also, what if I am visiting and have a work visa to be in the USA? Do I still have to pay $7.99

"SHIPPING TERMS FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS

A Flat rate of $3.99 USPS Media Mail w/confimation & insurance.

All Non-US citizens will be $7.99"

hey comicsupply, it has come to my attention on a beautiful private IM , the reason why I am getting some hard sarcasm, because i am "new"..its great and its ok, i understand...but I have one question for you???

Do you honestly wanna be a "wiseguy"?

Please let me know, and I will get back too you with my answer smile.gif