• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-holder all my CSG to new CGC

4 posts in this topic

After reading the new announcement that everything is just going to be CGC, I attempted to start a submission for reholdering.  I heard it was $5 until September but when I started to do so, it says I must upgrade my membership in order to submit.  The announcement says there was no need for membership.  

• Administrator
On 6/26/2023 at 11:36 AM, optimumcards-migration said:

After reading the new announcement that everything is just going to be CGC, I attempted to start a submission for reholdering.  I heard it was $5 until September but when I started to do so, it says I must upgrade my membership in order to submit.  The announcement says there was no need for membership.  

Starting mid-July (around July 11), all card submissions — TCGs, sports cards and non-sports cards — will be graded under CGC Cards, with the new grading scale and new label. At that time when CGC Cards officially launches, a paid membership will no longer be required to submit. 

Until the mid-July start date, you would need to have a current CSG or CGC Trading Cards membership in order to submit your cards for reholder. 

On 6/26/2023 at 8:32 AM, CGCRyan said:

Starting mid-July (around July 11), all card submissions — TCGs, sports cards and non-sports cards — will be graded under CGC Cards, with the new grading scale and new label. At that time when CGC Cards officially launches, a paid membership will no longer be required to submit. 

Until the mid-July start date, you would need to have a current CSG or CGC Trading Cards membership in order to submit your cards for reholder. 

So… you’re charging for what amounts to a 12  day membership?

• Administrator

Your membership and all added benefits such as grading credits and grading discounts will still be applicable on all CGC Cards submissions during the term of your membership. While you will not need a paid membership to submit with CGC Cards only a free account, there will be exclusive benefits to having a paid membership with CGC Cards that will be announced soon.