• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Get Hot Babes

94 posts in this topic

To say nothing of those damned Smurfs! Curse you, Peyo! A pox on your home!

Hey what is this ??? Anti-smurf day ???

This man is a national treasure...

peyo.gif

don't hate the little people man... ooo.gifooo.gif

Things women collect that are mocked by others, including women:

Dept 56 [!@#%^&^]--really, how many freakin' X-mas villages do you need in life.

Hummels

Even worse than Smurfs------Ziggy (yack). Really, can anything get more inane than this.

JC--you'll appreciate this story. I also collect drinking glasses with comic and cartoon characters on them (I own some nice DC superhero Pepsi prototypes). I always liked them and it's a great way to collect something that nicely reflects comic and animation history from the 1930's to the present. Among glass collectors, Smurf glasses are a complete joke. I've had friends use them for target practice, spitoons, in one case a urinal, etc. The best was one collector who jokingly started making elaborate furniture out of them just to [!@#%^&^] his wife off.

Chris,

I agree with what you are saying. I have never hidden my collection, then again I never had piles of comics laying on the bed either. Over a decade ago when a girlfriend of mine found out about my collection she pretty much put it on disregard. I made sure that it took very little of my time or money away from her, so she did not care about it. Now after eleven years of marriage to that same woman, she enjoys going to conventions, loves Wonder Woman, and actually has a stack of reader copies in her classroom (she is a special education teacher). Given the time and growth any person will understand and accept your collection as a part of who you are.

...If she runs for the bathroom and spits it out!!!

Now THAT'S the kind of woman that you can bring home to Mom.!

Mr. Line, meet Mr. Hammer

Mr. Hammer, meet Mr. Line

Ah, Mr. Hammer. Crossing Mr. Line, I see. shocked.gif

I tore out and sure enough, I could see a stack of ASM issues I'd bought at a show that weekend, visible from the half-opened drawer. Nice books to be sure, but from that day forward I boxed those buggers immediately and tossed them in the closet.

Well given the sutuation did you pull them out a little later and read or look at them.I mean what the hell if you cant have the Gal,your comic books never say no.Funny story Collector Joe.

My Wife knew I I collected them after we started going out.I have'nt changed yet and I almost feel sorry for her. 18 and still going on 18 and there is nothing she could do about it.

Davidking623 smile.gif