• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading questions
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I recently received my bulk order of 35 cards and am overall pleased with the service.  I do have a couple of questions before I send in my next bulk submission.  1) I was wondering why one card is slabbed in a penny sleeve and one is not when they are from the same set and standard size (prizm draft picks).  2) I have one thick card that moves in the slab, should it have been slabbed in a penny sleeve like BGS does to prevent this?  3) I have one patch auto card that is thick and was graded a 4.  The only issue I can see is a bent corner or two which I didn't catch before sending (not saying it happened there), but nothing to warrant a 4.  What can be done about this?

Thank you for any help with these questions.  I look forward to sending my next batch once I have more info.

IMG_4237.JPG

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

• Administrator

Hello, thanks for reaching out. The sleeves are used on cards that do not quite fit our holders, even if they appear to be the same size as other cards in the series. Manufacturing defects can lead to imperfections that may make the card slightly smaller than the others. 

As for the card that is too loose in the holder, you may send this back as a Mechanical Error submission as long as it is within 14 days of receiving the card and we will review it to see if we can add a sleeve to the card. 

Regarding the grade on the last card though. Each collectible is reviewed by multiple professionals before the final grade is agreed upon. This ensures the most accurate grades are given. At this time we do not have a grade review process because it is done in-house before the card is returned to you.