• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED 24-Hour Flash Sale! All Star Comics #33 cgc 4.0
1 1

10 posts in this topic

one book…
5 Simple Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

1st :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping: Via USPS Registered Mail included in price. Slight adjustment based on actual cost for shipping to Canada.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime, except no returns on graded books.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

On 9/19/2023 at 9:10 AM, ChasingKingKirby said:

Killer book Gene!  Isn't there only like 2 Grundy covers in the GA?   

Yessir, this and his first appearance in All-American #61. He has 2 other GA appearances, both in Comic Cavalcade, but he's not on the cover in either case. I believe this is his last GA appearance of the four.

Solomon Grundy’s fourth and final appearance of the Golden Age. A classic cover by Irwin Hasen, and a book-length battle with the JSA, courtesy of Gardner Fox, Joe Kubert, Irwin Hasen, Martin Nodell, Stan Asch and Paul Reinman. 85 Universals on the census. 

Actually, All Star Comics #33 was Solomon Grundy’s third Golden Age appearance. His fourth and final Golden Age appearance was in Comic Cavalcade #24 dated 12/47-1/48.

Edited by Ghastly542454

On 1/15/2024 at 9:50 AM, Ghastly542454 said:

Solomon Grundy’s fourth and final appearance of the Golden Age. A classic cover by Irwin Hasen, and a book-length battle with the JSA, courtesy of Gardner Fox, Joe Kubert, Irwin Hasen, Martin Nodell, Stan Asch and Paul Reinman. 85 Universals on the census. 

Actually, All Star Comics #33 was Solomon Grundy’s third Golden Age appearance. His fourth and final Golden Age appearance was in Comic Cavalcade #24 dated 12/47-1/48.

Thank you David; I knew the two interior appearances were the Comic Cavalcade issues; not sure why I had the impression that the two cover appearances were the bookends? (shrug) Anyway, I will update the post accordingly. Thank you!