• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No creator/character info on CGC label
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Just got this back from CGC. Pleased with the grade; thought it would be lower. That said, there is no creator nor character information on the label. Is this an oversight or a mistake? Or, because of the minor publisher, no info was available? Thanks in advance.

CGC4319091-003_OBV.jpg

CGC4319091-003_REV.jpg

On 9/16/2023 at 2:42 AM, Fukuoka said:

Just got this back from CGC. Pleased with the grade; thought it would be lower. That said, there is no creator nor character information on the label. Is this an oversight or a mistake? Or, because of the minor publisher, no info was available? Thanks in advance.

CGC4319091-003_OBV.jpg

CGC4319091-003_REV.jpg

I'd be curious to know what you put on the submission form, as usually cgc double checks that, although it IS cgc responsibility :)

@CGC Mike

Context is what I mean.

Did you put nothing, therefore cgc lack of effort did nothing as well, or did you put something that cgc thought, "well it's not that" but left it blank anyway lol ?

• Administrator
On 9/16/2023 at 3:42 AM, Fukuoka said:

It's not unheard of for a book to have no mention of artist/character info.  With that said, I will check with the team, and see what they have to say.

This happens a lot for golden age books as the info isn't usually available at-a-glance. There used to be tread dedicated to adding information to comics that didn't have any, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Back when I was slabbing a lot of Millie the Model books I always tried to include additional information, it was mostly ignored though I didn't get the annotation on Millie #2:x

It is not going to "worth" the money for CGC but having an in-house "investigator" solely to track down, input, and catalog information would go a long way to not only increase credibility but be value added to the customer.

Thanks for all the comments.
I didn't input any creator information. I wasn't aware that I should do that. Next time, I'll remember. 
Maybe as AJD wrote, too many creators and most unknown. Still, something like 'Pencils by Thurston Harper, Dan Gordon, et. al' is possible. Here is a screenshot I took at https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=24019 that shows the large amount of creators and characters.

I guess it isn't a big deal. I was wondering if it was a CGC mistake.

(The surprise grade was from the somewhat stiff/tanned cover with frayed edge. Thought that would drag it down a bit more.)

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 5.54.32.png

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 5.54.18.png

On 9/16/2023 at 3:59 PM, Fukuoka said:

I didn't input any creator information. I wasn't aware that I should do that. Next time, I'll remember. 
Maybe as AJD wrote, too many creators and most unknown. Still, something like 'Pencils by Thurston Harper, Dan Gordon, et. al' is possible. Here is a screenshot I took at https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=24019 that shows the large amount of creators and characters.

I guess it isn't a big deal. I was wondering if it was a CGC mistake.

(The surprise grade was from the somewhat stiff/tanned cover with frayed edge. Thought that would drag it down a bit more.)

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 5.54.32.png

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 5.54.18.png

Oh no worries. When you filled out the submission form I was just curious if the book was even in cgc system... ???

You don't normally have to "input stuff" unless the book isn't in cgcs system, so I haven't seen many of those and figured it wasn't even in the system. That's why I asked cause if it wasn't in the system in order to end up with no info like that, I was curious what was put by anybody lol

Looks as though you filled it out like normal, which made you curious when you got it back like that, which also, makes sense.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 9/16/2023 at 4:59 PM, Fukuoka said:

This is what I was told from the team:

We don’t put that information on every book. If there is specific things you want noted, we can research and add it, but you would have to send it back and pay for a reholder. Best to have you send the info to me/us first, and once we confirm it’s going on the label, then you can send it back. 

On 9/17/2023 at 9:21 AM, CGC Mike said:

This is what I was told from the team:

We don’t put that information on every book. If there is specific things you want noted, we can research and add it, but you would have to send it back and pay for a reholder. Best to have you send the info to me/us first, and once we confirm it’s going on the label, then you can send it back. 

Thanks very much for your help. I'll keep it as is and next time remember to add relevant info.