• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Star Spangled Comics #121
1 1

6 posts in this topic

The book has a few small spine ticks and a very small piece out of the to front cover. There is a light crease next to the Superman logo. The pages are just off-white but have some oxidation mostly along the top. The back cover has a 1/4 inch tear at the top where the white edge begins. The covers both have excellent gloss and color.  Thanks for your comments.

ssws_121_front.jpg

ssws_121_back.jpg

StarSpangled_comics_121_PG09.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the blotchy, yellowish stains are simple foxing (which CGC tends to go easy on, at least relative to moisture staining).  I hesitate to step too far away from the two outstanding graders above, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this come back from Sarasota as a 6.0 or even a 6.5 ow-wh.  :fear:

On 9/18/2023 at 7:38 AM, zzutak said:

I'm pretty sure the blotchy, yellowish stains are simple foxing (which CGC tends to go easy on, at least relative to moisture staining).  I hesitate to step too far away from the two outstanding graders above, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this come back from Sarasota as a 6.0 or even a 6.5 ow-wh.  :fear:

I have this book graded at

Spoiler

but at the present am not likely to submit the book due to it's relatively low value. With only 13 on the census there are not enough sales to know for sure what this book would command.

Edited by frozentundraguy