• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autograph at a Concert
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a 9.6 slabbed copy of Marvel Premiere #50 and I have a Meet and Greet pass for Alice Cooper for this Wednesday. I'm a noob to the graded comic world. Do I have to just hope that one of the other Meet and Greet attendees is certified as a witness or do I just have to not care about getting the comic graded ever again when I crack it open and have him sign it? 

You don’t have to do anything.

if you get an unwitnessed signature, it will not be eligible for cgc ss gold label.  That does not mean you can’t get it slabbed and graded by cgc, you can.  Or you can send it to another company which provides signature verification services.

generally one arranges ahead of time for cgc witnesses to be there, though I suppose there is a chance another one might be in attendance.

you can also just post here that you want a cgc witness to come with you to the concert meet and greet.  If you pay enough, no doubt you will be able to find someone.  Of course, the price might be steep.

Just as a heads up, Alice Cooper has done signings at comic conventions before. So, if you're sold on getting that comic signed and having it graded as a Signature Series, you could wait to see if he shows up at another con. There's no guarantee that happens though.

If you don't care about waiting for signature series, just get it signed and put it in a nice mylar or something.