• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic and Toy Show October 21-22, 2023 40k square feet Pacific National Exhibition (PNE), BC, Canada

17 posts in this topic

Vancouver, BC, Canada's comic-centric Comic and Toy Show Sat. Oct. 21 to Sun. Oct. 22, 2023. Pop culture mags, back issue vintage collectible comics, Funko Pop, CGC key slabs, cosplay and Star Wars Legion for family pics. Semi-annual show at PNE Forum building with 400 x 8' dealer's tables, and local writer/ artist alley spread out over a huge 40,000 square feet. Quality vendors coming in from Vancouver Island, Abbotsford and the Greater Vancouver area.

General admission Sunday is $15 or 2 day pass only $25. Massive $50 and $100 comic/toy gift certificates or Toy Traders Warehouse store credit slips to be door prizes. Kid's 12 and under FREE admission. $15 vendor's parking or collectors can park for free on the surrounding streets. Food trucks and 6 Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) will be available on site.

Colin Lorimer is the Image Comics writer guest. More comic creator guests to be announced on family event website here. @Comicsam@Fan Boy@lou_fine Are u going to let greggy buy all the good comic collectibles?

On 9/22/2023 at 3:33 PM, aardvark88 said:

General admission Sunday is $15 or 2 day pass only $25.

I just checked their handout which I had picked up a few months ago and it says $22 for just the one day on Saturday.  :screwy:

Didn't this convention start out at something like $7 several years ago and I certainly don't think inflation is running THAT high and I don't think they are giving us anything more for this egregious money grab.  :mad:  :censored:

On 10/20/2023 at 9:19 PM, lou_fine said:

I just checked their handout ... says $22 for just the one day on Saturday.  :screwy:

and I don't think they are giving us anything more for this egregious money grab.  :mad:  :censored:

Harley not there but Ferd (original art) brought his buddy who is selling scarce Marvelmania for a 'reasonable' price. Last time I saw both their collections was at Calgary Expo. Several collectors going to PNE Show on Sunday for $15 general admission, as BLI con is tomorrow Sat.

On 10/22/2023 at 9:05 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, hopefully the show at the old  Forum Building turned out to be a good one for everybody sine it's been a long time between shows.  (thumbsu

Ferd's Wpg. group did well selling the restored ASM 1, trade for vintage EC original art plus cash for HoS 92 bottom staple spine restored. Some comic vendors sold twice as much on Sunday compared to Sat. but most dealers sold far more on day 1: Sat.

* next Van. Comic and Toy Show April 6-7, 2024 * and sadly, @Fan Boy has retired from selling at this huge PNE con but will continue to support and vend at the growing 1 day summer August 2024 Westcoast Comic Con.ca. in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:56 PM, aardvark88 said:

Ferd's Wpg. group did well selling the restored ASM 1, trade for vintage EC original art plus cash for HoS 92 bottom staple spine restored.

Guess Ferd didn't have any nice high grade GA books at the show like he did a few years ago then?  :frown:

On 10/23/2023 at 10:42 PM, lou_fine said:

Guess Ferd didn't have any nice high grade GA books at the show like he did a few years ago then?  :frown:

Sorry, Ferd had left his funny animal high grade at home this time as he was rotating his stock. The fresh $$ original art walking around the con was very unexpected $$ this past weekend.

On 10/24/2023 at 9:30 AM, aardvark88 said:

Sorry, Ferd had left his funny animal high grade at home this time as he was rotating his stock. The fresh $$ original art walking around the con was very unexpected $$ this past weekend.

Well, not so much funny animal or low grade romance which he had been bringing to the past few shows, but books more like the uber HG Seven Seas which he had brought to the con several years ago prior to Covid and that has nearly quadrupled in guide valuation since that time.  :luhv:  :takeit:

As for $$ original art, not only zero interest but also far too late for me to throw my chips in for that game there.  :p  :frown:

On 10/24/2023 at 10:55 AM, lou_fine said:

:luhv:  :takeit:

As for $$ original art, far too late for me to throw my chips in for that game there.  :p  :frown:

Video of vintage comics, toys, wrestling collectibles. 1 dealer bought over 500 used VHS tapes (horror, non-mainstream titles) on the Friday evening. 400 dealer's tables plus artist alley tables.