• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any other Luke Cage fans out there?
4 4

109 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2023 at 3:16 PM, Pontoon said:

I even have a Luke Cage Toon Tumbler pint glass. It was a sweet Christmas gift from my son years ago.

Luke Cage Glass.jpg

That's a great piece.  It's not just Luke Cage, it's the scene from the cover to the premier ish, with the gambling, the smoking and drinking, the ladies of questionable repute, the cops beating up citizens.  For a 1972 Marvel cover, it's a remarkable slice of life in the inner city, and for me one of their very best of the Bronze Age.

Edited by namisgr

On 10/27/2023 at 3:57 PM, namisgr said:

That's a great piece.  It's not just Luke Cage, it's the scene from the cover to the premier ish, with the gambling, the smoking, the ladies of questionable repute, the cops beating up citizens.  For a 1972 Marvel cover, it's a remarkable slice of life in the inner city, and for me one of their very best of the Bronze Age.

We applaud your obviously sterling taste.

On 10/29/2023 at 7:11 PM, universal soldier said:

Travelled down to Putnam CT yesterday to check out a couple places that I had heard about/driven by. Not a very successful trip but I did grab this for cheap.

IMG_9558.JPG.e2f7ac6b78de9e9be08ffe47446a5d2f.JPG

One of my favorite covers in the run!  I've been to Putnam.  Lots of antique stores, ya never know what you'll find.  Congrats!