• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Historietas Perversas
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Anybody else collect these?  The thread title is a nod to the fourth issue of Daniel Raeburn's excellent series on comics, The Imp.

Lord knows where I've gotten my hands on stacks of these grubby little comics.  I have very few in a decent grade, but grubby is as grubby does.

Little squarebound mini comix on various grades of paper - usually color - sometimes black and white.  Various genres - mostly crime, horror, and romance.  There's a few artists you see over and over, really great but also really prolific.

Comedy abounds.  As does violence.  And sex.

Pulp art, no doubt.  My Spanish is sketchy, and I believe there's a lot of slang.  I don't really have to understand to understand :banana:

I don't know if this is the place for them, but this Comic Magazines area seems to be a catch-all for some of the more esoteric tastes...

I'll show you my Perversas if you show me yours :yeehaw:

Perversas0001.thumb.jpg.bf6a1f00ee75c4d3d9162e93688f6025.jpg

Perversas0003.thumb.jpg.50838e5cff023f23a02dc2a75aebe7a5.jpg

Perversas0004.thumb.jpg.2345fa5e66ccdfc54a33736b0d1e19ed.jpg

Perversas0002.thumb.jpg.10db66612bffc008dee90cc6c8d55d97.jpg

Edited by Darwination

I really only like the covers, but Raeburn's mag put me on the scent, as well, and I scoped out some issues in The Mission at a newsstand that sold predominately Mexican publications. 

However, it did lead to a fellow in Twenty-Nine Palms who collects the Italian kind and I find the covers on those specimens much more to my perverse likings, and while I don't have any of the actual funnyboox, I do have his fine collection of covers, none of which can be displayed here, due to the house rules, and I've had my run in with the house over the years due to content. Actually surprised you haven't gotten the proverbial knock on the door for the op!

Anyways, since violence seems to be acceptable where nudity is not, perhaps the cover can pass muster, for the nonce...I mean if CrimeSuspenstories #22 is ok....well...

image.jpeg.5c707b990dcfd13c1ff1e5771659a2d6.jpeg