• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Paint Splotches On Page?
3 3

7 posts in this topic

I just received a pristine copy of Green Lantern #49 from a seller on eBay and opened the first page to inspect the book and noticed what looked to be blue splotches of paint on the page. The seller claims the book was always like this but I've never seen something like this from the manufacturer. It's only on the first page and doesn't bleed through to the following pages.

Pretty bummed as the book looks to be a 9.8 otherwise.

Thoughts?

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Most likely occurred during production, but my opinion doesn't count.  You might be able to email the photo to CGC and ask customer service to have a grader look at the photo, get their opinion, before sending it in.  Maybe, in their experience, they have seen it before and know how it was evaluated in the past.

On 10/1/2023 at 12:22 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

It's a very strong cyan colour. Almost certainly from the print process. Happens with other colours too, there was a magenta blob we had some fun with recently. Can't recall the exact location of that thread but similar situation. Don't stress it. Counts as an artifact and won't affect grade. 

That's a relief. At first I thought someone dropped ink on it but it doesn't bleed through to the other side at all or look like it had been "wet" in any way so I was super confused.