• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color fade or manufacturing error?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Looks like it happened in production to me. When fading is suspected, the first victim is usually the yellow ink, sometimes disappearing completely. The yellow is bold here, so that makes me think not faded. It seems like red did not get applied consistently in that area. But I'm not an expert or an authority, just going by past experiences.

....or send it in for grading. It seems like a very nice copy. Could be high grade if CGC deems it to be a process error, not fading.

You might also send the photo to customer service to have a grader offer an opinion before committing. I'm not sure if they will be receptive to that, but you can ask.

On 9/30/2023 at 5:22 PM, Lightning55 said:

Looks like it happened in production to me. When fading is suspected, the first victim is usually the yellow ink, sometimes disappearing completely. The yellow is bold here, so that makes me think not faded. It seems like red did not get applied consistently in that area. But I'm not an expert or an authority, just going by past experiences.

Magenta first, yellow second.

I'm not entirely sure whether this is printing or fading, but I am sure that it's fugly. :sick:

Don’t think it was a manufacturing defect because I got a 5.5 😂. It honestly looks beautiful other than the color issue. So when I sell someone will be getting the nicest 5.5 in existence! Minus the color fade ugliness 🤣

On 3/6/2024 at 3:08 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Don’t think it was a manufacturing defect because I got a 5.5 😂. It honestly looks beautiful other than the color issue. So when I sell someone will be getting the nicest 5.5 in existence! Minus the color fade ugliness 🤣

:takeit:

On 3/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, The Lions Den said:

:takeit:

If you're serious more than happy to work something out lol. Feel free to DM me and I'll let you know when it comes in.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:09 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

If you're serious more than happy to work something out lol. Feel free to DM me and I'll let you know when it comes in.

Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea; I just thought that it's a pretty nice-looking book even with the odd color fade...  :foryou:

On 3/6/2024 at 3:57 PM, The Lions Den said:

Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea; I just thought that it's a pretty nice-looking book even with the odd color fade...  :foryou:

No no all good. I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking lol.