• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

any info on GalaxyCon Columbus, December 1 - 3, 2023 ?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Interested in info re: GalaxyCon Columbus.  Has anyone ever been ? 

They posted a very short video form last year's GalaxyCon Columbus and it didn't appear to have comic dealers at all.

Does anyone have experience buying comics at that show ?  For example anything from $1 boxes to higher end comics ?

Thanks.

https://galaxycon.com/pages/galaxycon-columbus-guests

Edited by Will_K

Last year was horrible. This year??? I can't believe how good the guest list was compared to the traffic in the room. Many of the tables are sold out, so someone has to be set up. Could be all sword and siding guys a la Wizard. I really don't know what to expect or if I can even go based on last year. 

I went to the show last year and will again this year to meet the baddest man on the planet. Unfortunately I don't really go to cons looking for comics because dealers overprice everything so I can't tell you how the show is for comic buying. I remember there being a couple booths with your typical $2-5-10 long boxes of full of junk but didn't spend a lot of time sifting through them. I don't remember many comic sellers at all, mainly a lot of toy dealers and Pops...so so so many people selling those goofy lame Pops. So, no, I don't think it's a great con if your primary interest is buying comics.

Thanks for the info @carcrawfordfan and @Cman429.  Since my original post, I decided to take a chance and go to the show. 

I looked at a few youtube videos from the 2022 GalaxyCon Columbus show.  From those videos, I saw just one comics dealer.  I don't mind looking at other stuff but I don't spend $$$ on it. 

I think my general goal will be to get a few things signed (non CGC'ed) and meet some comics artists / writers.  Maybe get a few sketches.

I will probably be spending a lot of time just walking the aisles so I'll provide some feedback upon return.

On 10/10/2023 at 8:17 PM, Cman429 said:

Yeah One Stop was the only CGC presence there last year. I’m hoping there’s a choice this year but someone will be there

Daniel Partouche (One Stop Comic Shop) told me he is the exclusive CGC facilitator for the show. 

Don't let anybody tell you this was a comic convention.  I wasn't really expecting it to be based on the guest list.  Comic creators were listed third... following celebrities and voice actors.  I walked just about every aisle.  I counted maybe 7 comic book dealers.  3 of them were selling $1 books.  If you wanted anime, Pops or whatever you were in luck.  Comic creators were generally busy signing books.  I think very few artists were really booked up doing sketches or selling original art. 

Greater Columbus Convention Center is large.  Cashless.  Friendly.