• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking about having another Grading Contest!

117 posts in this topic

I have a submission going out on Monday of around 16-18 Moderns and some slowboat Econs. I was thinking of starting another contest that would start with a few PGX/CGC slabs and then kick it up when then Moderns come back. If anyone is interested in getting in let me know via PM. I am not sure of the format yet as I haven't cooked that up in my brain yet. I am thinking it will probably be a point based system to kill off the constant ties from the last one, and person_without_enough_empathying about the bye system.

Haven't thought about prizes yet either but let me know if your in it to win it.

This looks like a perfect opportunity to thank you for the prize selections I snagged from your last contest! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Plus show them off a little!

Good call. Here are the ones I picked up with my winnings. CS called the ASM 135 an 8.0, but I would put it at a solid 9.0. cloud9.gif

As for the contest, I am in too....and there won't be any overgraded PLOD to save you this time. sumo.gif

asm135.jpg

gl89.jpg

This looks like a perfect opportunity to thank you for the prize selections I snagged from your last contest! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Plus show them off a little!

Good call. Here are the ones I picked up with my winnings. CS called the ASM 135 an 8.0, but I would put it at a solid 9.0. cloud9.gif

As for the contest, I am in too....and there won't be any overgraded PLOD to save you this time. sumo.gif

asm135.jpg

gl89.jpg

I forgot to mention my reverse return policy. If a grade is higher than advertised you must send in back. And to think I got a freaking 70somethign % on that grader of the year thing.

Hey, that's the same book you were givng me a big sob story about "paying over Guide for" and "can't accept less" when I asked for a trade. sumo.gif

I'm in.

Hey, that's the same book you were givng me a big sob story about "paying over Guide for" and "can't accept less" when I asked for a trade. sumo.gif

I said that? 27_laughing.gif

"I actually paid close to guide for that book, so I couldn't let it go for less than that."

"just so happens you were interested in one of the VERY few comics I own that I paid close to guide for."

stooges.gif

"I actually paid close to guide for that book, so I couldn't let it go for less than that."

"just so happens you were interested in one of the VERY few comics I own that I paid close to guide for."

stooges.gif

I guess I figured that the credit counted as paying, cause it did cost close to guide. confused-smiley-013.gif Sorry about that.