• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What contemporary artists do you forsee becoming legendary?

99 posts in this topic

JG Jones, Greg Land, Simon Bisley, Ethan Van Scier (sp?), Mike Mayhew, Adam Hughes are some artists I think can really command big bucks......and will continue to do so.

JG Jones I can see.

Ethan -- no way. He's a decent artist but nothing makes him stand out.

Adam Hughes -- unfortunately I doubt it. His style is soooo copied that I think it will dilute demand for his work.

I think Hughes is still an extremely popular artist that will prove to be a "legend" in his own right......I don't care for his style as much as some others do, but I do give him props.....

Sale ? - maybe ....he's got the Milleresque types of drawing and he's done some high profile books....Long Halloween and Dark Victory among them...

Kelly Jones - probably

Morales - time will tell .....

Ethan : best is still ahead of him......he's young...

and there are a few artists that aren't really known, but that have a very unique style that should propel them into the spotlight. Buzz and Josh Medors are two such people.

And this guy : http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=93265&GSub=13687

I am having Brad to a commission for me now.....

Some that stand out to me as having a very unique (and Good) style are:

Eduardo Risso

Dean Ormston

Kelley Jones

Sam Keith (although as of late I'm becoming less of a fan)

Glenn Fabry - not a fan of his pencil/ink work, but his paintings are undeniably awesome

Phil Hale - needs no explanation

and there are a few artists that aren't really known, but that have a very unique style that should propel them into the spotlight. Buzz and Josh Medors are two such people.

Don't know his real name, but Roadkill (has a CAF gallery) is AWESOME.

And for some reason, James LeMay gets the most hits on my site 893scratchchin-thumb.gif. If he would 'tone down' some of his art he could rival the best cheescake artist in the mainstream.

I've got to agree on Hughes, Sale and Risso.

I'm a huge Bachalo fan - but I think his work is too hit or miss for most people.

And I'll second the thumbs up for Buzz - I've got a killer commission from him that I'll be posting in a few days. The man needs more regular work ... he'd knock a book out of the park if only given the chance.

David Finch...the stuff he is doing on the New Avengers is some of the best work out there today. No crazy noticeable style but the guy is like John Buscema..he can draw anybody and just about better than everybody. His Spider-woman has got to be the best version ever done!