• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to find some place in upstate NY

3 posts in this topic

I'm reaching out to the board community for some help. This is a probably a REALLY dumb question but I've been failing miserably at finding this place again. I've been hunting up and down google maps to find this place again and I figured I'd take a stab at asking here because I cannot remember the name of this joint:

This summer, I was driving through upstate new york. I was with the girlfriend and we were doing a bunch of antique shopping and comic shopping. We had started just hitting almost any antique shop we could find between Utica/Rome area and coming back west on I-90 before going down to Erie. We would get off the interstate periodically and hit a few antique shops and comic shops before continuing on. I don't recall when exactly we found this place but I'm really trying to find my way back.  

We happened across this little antique shop in a small 4-6 shop strip mall. There was a smoke/glass shop on the opposite end of the strip of 4-6 stores. They had like a small outdoor tent area with antiques as well. Inside the antique shop were a bunch of rooms with a few dozen different vendors set up kinda. It was somewhere between an antique mall and a consignment shop. There were a few little sections/tables throughout this place that had comics. Mostly dollar books. Some 90's stuff. Some modern variants. It looked like they were from different vendors too. I couldn't quite figure out exactly how the place worked and I didn't buy anything at this place. But it seemed like whatever you bought, you took it up to the front of the store and they would ring you out at a central cash register. 

I also recall that there was a side room that had a little bit of vintage toys as well. But this place was still like 80% antiques and furniture and vintage stuff.

I'm trying to make it back there because they had this antique thing i wanted but couldn't fit it in the car during that trip. And now I've completely forgotten where this place is. 

Can anyone help a brother out? I know this probably isn't super helpful. But I figured I would reach out to you fine folks because all of us nerds have found a billion of these little antique mall/micro-vendor comic sources over the years and someone else might have a clue what the name of this place was and where it is.

Thanks in advance,

Dok 

It's a longshot, but...

If your cell phone has location history enabled;

When Location History is on, Timeline shows where and how you traveled, like walking, biking, driving, or on public transport. 

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app Maps.
  2.  Tap your profile picture or initial Account Circle and then Your Timeline Timeline.
  3. To find another day or month, at the top, tap Today. Swipe left or right on the calendar and tap a day.