• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Eye Samurai
2 2

16 posts in this topic

amazing show!  unbelievable animation.. many scenes almost like actual filming.  And the coloring!  Of course as well told a story as it is, it does have many predictable plot twists, which I think has more to do with how we are all so trained to expect twists and are always guessing who will do what, than any lack of imagination.  I watched the first episode last night out of boredom, like why not?  and just finished the finale... 

This seems to be an original story, not based on a manga or comic right?

On 11/11/2023 at 3:08 PM, Aman619 said:

amazing show!  unbelievable animation.. many scenes almost like actual filming.  And the coloring!  Of course as well told a story as it is, it does have many predictable plot twists, which I think has more to do with how we are all so trained to expect twists and are always guessing who will do what, than any lack of imagination.  I watched the first episode last night out of boredom, like why not?  and just finished the finale... 

This seems to be an original story, not based on a manga or comic right?

Yes ur rite. 

On 11/11/2023 at 2:08 AM, Aman619 said:

amazing show!  unbelievable animation.. many scenes almost like actual filming.

From what I’ve read, it’s a combo of 2D and 3D animation. What I like about the story the best is that it is grounded in reality for the most part. Meaning, no super powered foes or heroes with magical abilities or monsters, dragons, etc. (so far).

Don't get me wrong, I love that stuff too but this series was like a breath of fresh air leaving that typical aspect out.

They also set it up nicely for an interesting season 2 after she heard that “Magical Word”! (thumbsu

I watched S1E1 last night with my lady friend. We were silent the hour or so. I typically talk over stuff - obnoxious running commentaries and the like. Not this one.  

Edited by TupennyConan

It is difficult for me to recommend BES now that I've finished S1. 

1. I'm no good with gore & this show revels in it. It trades in all the explicit blood-tripe.

2. The budget appears to have fallen out of the bottom of the krapperr in the last three episodes. The extraordinarily good animation of the other episodes falls away. It's strange. 

There's much to like about S1E1 & the first few subsequent episodes. I liked the samurai & Ringo all the way through & that says much for such shows.