• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Question About Getting a CPRing a Slabbed Book
2 2

4 posts in this topic

So a buddy of mine went to San Diego Comic Con this year and picked up a signed book for me that that he immediately submitted for grading. Unfortunately he didn't also get the book pressed and the book came back a 9.6... one of the few copies that came back less than a 9.8, one even going for a 9.9. I want to resubmit the book and get it cracked, pressed and regraded but is that wise? Can getting it pressed affect the siganture? Does CGC's in house pressers do this? Also does anyone know any good pressers that will crack a slabbed book safely in the Los Angeles area? Thanks!

CCS is the in-house pressing service you can use to CPR signature books. Some of us were able to do so in the past but they have cracked down on allowing third party companies to do so. 

I would send the book in the slab and let them do it. Once a signature book is removed from the slab CGC will no longer honor the signature. 

What kind of ink or paint was used to sign the book? Sharpies are no problem to press but other types of paint could be problematic. 

On 10/14/2023 at 12:42 PM, joeypost said:

CCS is the in-house pressing service you can use to CPR signature books. Some of us were able to do so in the past but they have cracked down on allowing third party companies to do so. 

I would send the book in the slab and let them do it. Once a signature book is removed from the slab CGC will no longer honor the signature. 

What kind of ink or paint was used to sign the book? Sharpies are no problem to press but other types of paint could be problematic. 

CGC won't honor the signature even if they are the one cracking the slab?  Not sure what kind of paint was used for the siganture... it was THIS book

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fk3i6bx0mb2ub1.jpg

That particular one isn't mine, that's the same book I got though in a 9.6 >:(