• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Piece

7 posts in this topic

Why is nobody talking about this show!

Really good fun - well written, with great backstories.

I thought it would be for little kids, but there are some seriously dark moments.

I had heard of One Piece but didn't know the first thing about it. Didn't know it was pirate-themed; couldn't have even told you what "One Piece" was referring to ("is it a show about bathing suits, maybe?").

But I wound up really enjoying it. The characters are all incredibly deep, interesting, & just plain fun! The world-building is also deep & engaging. The fight scenes, while naturally a good deal over the top & exaggerated, are well-choreographed & you can actually see what's going on - no close up, quick cut chaos with very accommodating stunt people like we see in too many other shows today.

Obviously I'm avoiding mentioning any specific spoilers & being very general in my praise, but I recommend it to anyone who enjoys more typical "comic book movies " even if you're not big into Manga.

Edited by RobAnybody

Why is this in the water cooler - it's a bloody show based on a manga comic!

Best show I have seen in some time.

Generally very upbeat and fun, unlike many streaming shows they really make every minute count. Not really any filler.

Seems to respect the characters and source material. 

Has a lot of very positive messages including; friendship, honesty, following your dreams, standing up for the less fortunate, and positive role models. 

Very well shot.

Most importantly, Fun.

I loved it!  So much so that I started buying the One Piece trading cards (specifically the Endless Treasure cards, not TCG).

Before the show, I couldn't have told you what a Monkey D. Luffy was (and pronounced it wrong as it's Loo-fy).  But now I can tell you who his father and brothers are, that he has powers that increase in 'gears' and a whole host of other information.  Additionally, who the rest of the Straw Hats are besides Usopp, Sanji, Nami and Roronoa Zoro.

I'm legit hooked and started watching the anime too!  Only about 1,000 episodes left until I'm caught up  :banana: