• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading Cards
1 1

6 posts in this topic

So when I send in a card to be graded I'm supposed to also put the value of the card, where should I get that value from? And then like it says the value limit is $250 so what if I send a card in that's worth I think let's say $50 but then you guys give it a gem mint 10 making it $300 card then what happens?

• Administrator

Hello @JackBlack93

Thank you for reaching out to us. The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value should your card get lost or damaged during the full process. We encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you overvalue your card. If your card was grossly undervalued, we reserve the right to bump it to the appropriate tier.  

Good resources for determining the value of your cards are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices of large card dealers. You do not need to estimate your card's grade but should consider the value of cards that appear to be in similar condition when estimating your card's value. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 10/15/2023 at 10:33 AM, JackBlack93 said:

So when I send in a card to be graded I'm supposed to also put the value of the card, where should I get that value from? And then like it says the value limit is $250 so what if I send a card in that's worth I think let's say $50 but then you guys give it a gem mint 10 making it $300 card then what happens?

Go with the value of raw cards. Aka the cost it would take for you to buy a new copy of that raw card if something bad happened.

CGC only uses the raw value of the cards you send in, so the grading tier does not change based on what grade you get.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:54 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @JackBlack93

Thank you for reaching out to us. The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value should your card get lost or damaged during the full process. We encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you overvalue your card. If your card was grossly undervalued, we reserve the right to bump it to the appropriate tier.  

Good resources for determining the value of your cards are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices of large card dealers. You do not need to estimate your card's grade but should consider the value of cards that appear to be in similar condition when estimating your card's value. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Can I go off prices for cards on Tcgplayer? Just wondering cause the prices of completed sales in eBay are everywhere like some of them may be 10$ & then the same card may also sell for 30$ 

• Administrator

Hello @JackBlack93

We do not require that you use any specific source, so please feel free to use any resource from which you are getting consistent and reliable pricing data. If you do check eBay we do recommend looking at sold auctions rather than current listings. 

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.