• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this foxing?
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Looks like foxing.  I don't think it would have been from condensation.  Could have been present when graded, or have been lighter when graded and since "aged". 

I have had graders knock a likely 9.6 down to a 9.2 for foxing, and others knock a 9.6 down to a 8.5.  So, as I say, it could have been there. 

Grader notes are not necessarily comprehensive, just notes for other graders further down the line.

I stand corrected. Foxing generally presents as an array of brown or tan spots. They are caused by microbial activity, fungus related. This particular stain looks more like water/moisture damage as @ Pontoon suggests. 

If this was graded very recently, which it wasn't, there would front and back images at the time of grading on the lookup page, to compare. Then you could see if there was any change in condition from there.

Edited by Lightning55