• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Helping run a fundraiser event for a friend to raise money for the homeless and looking for advice on running a sales thread.
5 5

48 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, mattn792 said:

I appreciate the reading material as well.  It’s never been an issue in my holiday threads, but I think this year I’m going to switch the format to where everyone donates direct to the cause and sends proof as necessary instead of me being the central collection point.  Direct tax receipts for all!  :cheers:

Thanks.

Yes, I think this is a very tidy solution for all and I'm glad we were able to talk it through with everyone's input. 

Having said that, there doesn't seem to be much interest from the audience in participating in a donation thread, so if I don't get a decent amount of interest I won't be hosting it here. 

Heritage Auctions actually offered to help me hold a proper auction for the event, but I don't think we're big enough for something like that yet, although I do envision this being an enterprise level event that could be hosted in a much larger venue at some point in the future. 

My actual goal is to eventually have a large capacity event with 1000's of tickets sold and to host the event at a much larger venue than the Whisky.

But at this point it's baby steps and I'm genuinely thrilled to be able to offer my services in a meaningful way that will help the maximum amount of people possible. 

---------------------------

I'm going to throw this out there in case anyone is in the LA area and wants to attend the event:

I'd be happy to help anyone behind the scenes with coordinating travel plans, hotel stay, donations to the Mission or just attending Midnight Wonderland and need tickets. Just drop me a PM. 

And of course, I'm already thinking of next year so if anyone wants to help we can always use help in many areas but especially in things like graphic design and video editing for marketing, where all of us are currently paying out of pocket to make it happen. Frankly, I need to learn to do this stuff myself but until then, I'm at everyone else's mercy. lol

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and support. It was very helpful and much appreciated. 

Roy.

Gang, a couple of last posts about the Midnight Wonderland event that I posted about a few months ago.

The event was this past Tuesday, December 12th at the World Famous Whisky-A-Go-Go in Los Angeles and was a smash success!

We had members of Bio-Hazard, Body Count, Cypress Hill, Goldfinger, Bad Wolves, Ministry, BulletBoys and more perform.

If you want to see concert footage and pics, you can go to the IG page for Midnight Wonderland which is run by my friend Jowell. I'm just a grunt and have no other affiliation other than being a sponsor and helping with some of the grunt work for the event. lol

I'd recommend you follow the page as the event is just getting bigger and better and will be happening next year again. 

We already have some even bigger, surprise superstars lined up for next year!

https://www.instagram.com/midnightwonderland_/

This is a shot of me at the event. I was an official sponsor and I had to get a shot of me with my logo on the sponsor screen! You'll notice the Heritage Auctions logo below mine as they were a sponsor as well. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.3a4367906caf97618847b65fad0c8252.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

The reason I'm posting about this event again is to share that Midnight Wonderland decided to auction a few of the more expensive items to raise money for the Midnight Mission in Downtown Los Angeles and you may be interested in bidding. 

The auctioneer, Velvet Cricket, has waived their auction fees for this event and ALL proceeds will go directly to the Midnight Mission. 

https://thevelvetcricket.com/search/product-buyer-auction/4485?Whisky A Go Go Auction PC #10Midnight Wonderlands Benefit Auction

We have a Marvel Comics Super Special #1 CGC 9.2 donated by myself (KISS donated their blood into the red ink for this comic. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8b2ce817a40f58419973eab0ad3f75af.jpg

And finally, we have a framed, signed drum skin and sticks, donated by our very own John Dolmayan of System of a Down AND Torpedo Comics!

Untitled.thumb.jpg.178c3bad5f6a25a7dce3190e29bb9f2d.jpg

If anyone wants to bid, these items end tomorrow evening, 8PM PST, Sunday Dec 17th 2023.

And believe me, next year will be huge.

You will want to follow the event if you're in the area or want to do a travel stay-cation for a great rock and roll event and an amazing cause!

Thanks to everyone for their time for reading this.

@CGC Mike Hopefully these last posts are OK. 

If you want to move this to the Dealer / Selling form I understand. Just wanted to give these auctions a little more traction for a great cause. 

Thanks to all!

Edited by VintageComics