• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn around times
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello!  I have recently submitted cards for grading for my first time and have a question.

Are there typically turn around times based on the status?  What I mean is is there a typically window of time in which once it says received that it would be “Scheduled for grading” and then once it says “Scheduled for grading” how long it takes on average to be graded and then labeled “shipped”

Appreciate any addition insight or information outside of the standard mention of 60 working days for bulk

• Administrator

Hello @cjspade

Thank you for reaching out to us. When we estimate the turnaround time, and when we check on the status of a submission in process, we always look at the overall turnaround time. Depending on the volume of submissions in process and the specific needs of the individual submission, the time any one submission spends in each stage can vary. Unfortunately, because of this, I cannot estimate how long a submission will stay in the scheduled for grading status or provide an average. The submission is waiting for its turn to move to the grading desk and will receive an update soon. When the submission volume is high, it is not unusual for the scheduled for grading status to account for a larger portion of the overall turnaround time. I understand this stage in the process can be the most frustrating because this period of waiting does not offer any encouraging change to status. Rest assured, however, it is normal for a submission to remain in this status for several days and in the case of longer turnaround times weeks. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.