• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The seller asked me if i want that he press some books
1 1

22 posts in this topic

To resume:

After soo much time (honestly this charachter is harder than the other to get everywhere) i finally start the collect of wonder woman book with a great deal, i bought few minutes ago an amazing complete run from 1 to 108!!! 

The global condition of the lot is better than fine, probably near of very fine. But unfortunately like the 15 first issues because of a bad storage was fall into the box where it was not enough book to maintain them up. After asked more picture i thought the crease seems really acceptable and i take the path. But the seller, really kind and professional asked me if i want that he press some of the issues. Im hesitate because im not feel really safe with the restoration process, would you say yes? Or are you worry about the press process?

Screenshot_20231020-215712_eBay.thumb.jpg.d02a428ed7906a9c740ca24ed3c36165.jpgScreenshot_20231020-215701_eBay.thumb.jpg.9015632063697fc268a08b39f94a8f11.jpg

Pressing for what purpose? They're obviously not going to be any better to read if they get pressed.

If you're interested selling it at some future date after you're done with them you can always get it pressed then.   I'd recommend getting opinions of known quality  pressers rather than someone of whom you have no idea how good they are. I wouldn't worry about a pro doing it; of course you'd have to pay,    is the seller offering to do it for free?

Congrats on the purchase.  I loved Perezs work on WW

On 10/21/2023 at 2:58 AM, KCOComics said:

I wouldn't get these books pressed because I don't think they would be worth the price of pressing. 

If you really wanted to get them pressed at some point,  there are other, well known presser you could send them to, rather than trusting a stranger.  

This sellers is one of the most popular on Ebay and in their shop they professionally pressing so  im not worried about the sellers skills, it was more about the pressing process himself that i asked

On 10/21/2023 at 1:19 AM, csaag said:

Pressing for what purpose? They're obviously not going to be any better to read if they get pressed.

If you're interested selling it at some future date after you're done with them you can always get it pressed then.   I'd recommend getting opinions of known quality  pressers rather than someone of whom you have no idea how good they are. I wouldn't worry about a pro doing it; of course you'd have to pay,    is the seller offering to do it for free?

Congrats on the purchase.  I loved Perezs work on WW

Im reader first but the pleasure is also in the possesion of beautiful pieces! I always try to get books in the best condition as i can.

Yeah Perez is amazing, i discovered him in New Teen Titans and i became fan of his art!

On 10/21/2023 at 1:43 AM, BA773 said:

Im reader first but the pleasure is also in the possesion of beautiful pieces! I always try to get books in the best condition as i can.

Yeah Perez is amazing, i discovered him in New Teen Titans and i became fan of his art!

I only buy raw books that are NM to NM+.

You have to be willing to pay for them.

Bargain hunting for raw 9.6s is near impossible.

no do not press them especially if you have to pay for the pressing service.

You need to wait until you have the books in hand to see what you have, and it is important to know that most of the books from that run are not worth the price of pressing and then encapsulation.

Like i told its for free. So i have accepted. They pressed 3 books, the issues 1, 7 and 9. 

And no for me its absolutely not necessary  to get the pure NM, i just want some nice books and this lot was as much as suffisant for my criteria.

There is some kind of default that bother me more than other. But some few ondulations like here is just not a problem for me. 

In contrary thing like fingerprints or color rub are make me crazy.

Edited by BA773

On 10/24/2023 at 2:53 AM, Semicentennial said:

How much was it to ship it?

:news: like i told on the other post about the books that i didnt buy, the delivery price made made no sens.

Here it was totaly correct 87 dollars for 112 books. 

Im really satisfied of the deal considering the price that i see everywhere for these books. I paid a total of 300 (213+87) dollars for this amazing lot!!!^^

Yeah... we are on cgc so like everytime people will tell me that I didn't get a good deal at all:roflmao:

On 10/23/2023 at 9:11 PM, BA773 said:

:news: like i told on the other post about the books that i didnt buy, the delivery price made made no sens.

Im really satisfied of the deal considering the price that i see everywhere for these books. I paid a total of 300 (213+87) dollars for this amazing lot!!!^^

Yeah... we are on cgc so like everytime people will tell me that I didn't get a good deal at all:roflmao:

Huh???  $87 to ship 112 books is better than $35 for 93 books? 

image.thumb.png.8a3b8a3d8308f388c11d923ca83ddea6.png

On 10/24/2023 at 1:41 PM, Semicentennial said:

Huh???  $87 to ship 112 books is better than $35 for 93 books? 

image.thumb.png.8a3b8a3d8308f388c11d923ca83ddea6.png

Hey pal :hi: realize that im from Switzerland, we was talking about 183 dollars of delivery for the other lot. I understand now why you was confused. So everything make sense now 

On 10/23/2023 at 10:11 PM, BA773 said:

grats! It is great that you are happy.

On 10/24/2023 at 2:00 PM, Semicentennial said:

So you paid $300 USD for this lot?

Yes for the lot which contained a consecutive run of wonder woman from 1 to 108 + 4 annuals and the mini serie god of war 1 to 4

Pressing won't have any negative effects unless the presser is bad at their job.

If doing for free, I would definitely say sure

If charging you $10-20 per book, well that gets super expensive and is not worthwhile at all for these books. Especially if you are a reader collector and especially if you don't plan on reselling soon. The "damage" that the books currently show won't get worse (if stored properly) so I would not worry about pressing in this case.