• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
7 7

344 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2023 at 8:08 PM, catrick339 said:

So, let's Cherish a Chesler, shall we?

Dynamic Comics 17

Small tear lower edge BC,  tiny split upper spine, some general wear on a flat tight copy. Not a lot of gloss left, but white pages. 

Yours for $150

fe1et7N.jpg

This one gets the SOTICollector seal of approval!  Behind this comical cover is one of the most notorious images pictured in SOTI.  Wertham captioned it with "Children told me what the man was going to do with the red-hot poker".  Yes, THAT is what the man was going to do with the red hot poker.  Wertham was wrong about a lot of things, but not everything.

Detective Comics 190
Batman's origin retold in this issue.

Dogears lower RH FC, some general wear. Couple small tears last page, ads both sides. 

Solid lower grade copy with offwhite pages. 

Asking $125

aVzeJET.jpg

On 10/28/2023 at 9:59 PM, SOTIcollector said:

This one gets the SOTICollector seal of approval!  Behind this comical cover is one of the most notorious images pictured in SOTI.  Wertham captioned it with "Children told me what the man was going to do with the red-hot poker".  Yes, THAT is what the man was going to do with the red hot poker.  Wertham was wrong about a lot of things, but not everything.

(Gallops back to listing to put up asking price, lol)

Police Comics 80
Spirit, Plastic Man stories

Chips out along RH edge FC, split lower spine, corner off upper RH BC. Lower staple is pulled with tear into FC. 
Solid reader, nothing better. 

$15 takes it  SOLD!

CFkJQdh.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 10/28/2023 at 10:08 PM, Robot Man said:

Put up a camera shot of the “offending panel” and it should sell at that price…

I'll dig it out after I'm done this evening and post a pic.

Bring On The Bad Guys
Fireside, 1976,. Second print. 

Sharp copy, but a couple light remainder marks on the lower edge of the book 
This one is thick enough and heavy enough that it would ship BY ITSELF in a priority envelope.
If you buy anything with it you'll be bumped up to a flat rate box.

Asking $15

EBrB6Tr.jpg

On 10/26/2023 at 7:54 AM, catrick339 said:

Last book for this session!

Green Hornet 42

Couple pieces out LH edge BC,tear upper LH FC, light water along spine. Interior of book is split down past the upper staple. 

Rough reader for $20

ZKE9xdM.jpg

Take

On 10/28/2023 at 7:17 PM, catrick339 said:

Bring On The Bad Guys
Fireside, 1976,. Second print. 

Sharp copy, but a couple light remainder marks on the lower edge of the book 
This one is thick enough and heavy enough that it would ship BY ITSELF in a priority envelope.
If you buy anything with it you'll be bumped up to a flat rate box.

Asking $15

EBrB6Tr.jpg

Take

Wings Comics 36

Either this one is badly miscut, or the RH ege has been trimmed. A bunch. Same size as the Jumbo 154 earlier in the thread,
smaller than the Jumbo 61. The thing is, it doesn't LOOK trimmed, the edge should be square if it's been on the paper knife, right?
The center of the book comes out to a point, as you'd expect to see if it was straight off the press. I'm leaning toward trimmed, but 
maybe a production error of some sort. 
You Have Been Informed. 
Other than the alleged trimming, it's a flat tight copy, with some minor general wear. Good gloss, offwhite - white pages. 

Either way I want $40, lol 

7xMO7Yo.jpg

Daredevil 158
Beginning of the classic Frank Miler run on the title.

Whiff of minor general wear, including a eensy dogea lower RH FC, but otherwise flat,tight, clean, glossy, white pages.
Just a touch shy of news stand fresh. 

Asking $100

sOPOCI5.jpg

Jon Juan #1, 1950 one-shot.
Written by Jerry Siegel, cover and art by Alex Schomburg, and a SOTI book to boot. 
Listed as Scarce in O'street. I believe this is the third copy I've had over the years, and they've all been rags.
This one is no exceeption, :D 

Plenty of tape, pieces out lower and upper FC, several pages with tape repairs to boot.

Rough reader for $40

TUTKazk.jpg

Edited by catrick339