• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
7 7

344 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2023 at 8:35 AM, catrick339 said:

Howdy Gang! 

Starting a new thread, for the most part a mixed grille of 40's through 70's comics, but there will be a small handful of pulps,
and a nice smattering of vintage paperbacks. Ol' @Surfing Alien has again inspired me, lol 

First off though:

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$10.00  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, one or two paperbacks, or one or two pulps, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$17.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
$17.00 for slabs, double boxed,  shipped Priority. 

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER GREATLY PREFERRED, I despise paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/196720-catrick339-nuff-said/#comments

Here we go!

Little Max 1
Gotta love an infinity cover, right?

Water at both staples, they're rusty with some migation. Small corner off lower RH FC. Otherwise flat and tight.

Asking $10

uvJuFRv.jpg

Take it

Journey Into Mystery 2

Very light water along spine, both staples rusty with a whiff of migration. 
Otherwise flat and tight, bit of gloss left, white pages. If it wasn't for the water I'd be asking some REAL money, lol 

Asking $500, pretty firm on this one

vcWJySY.jpg

Little Archie in Animal  Land #1, one shot. 

3/4 x 1 corner off upper LH BC, big tape pull BC to boot. Otherwise flat and tight enough, with rusty staples, offwhite pages. 
Chock full of Bob Bolling art. 

Nice reader for $10  SOLD!

YILMvXm.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 10/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, catrick339 said:

Little Archie in Animal  Land #1, one shot. 

3/4 x 1 corner off upper LH BC, big tape pull BC to boot. Otherwise flat and tight enough, with rusty staples, offwhite pages. 
Chock full of Bob Bolling art. 

Nice reader for $10

YILMvXm.jpg

Take

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 36

Teensy corner  off lower RH FC, and what looks like a chip, but is actually a tiny piece folded under. I chose not to mess with it, lol 
Otherwise a couple light vertical creases lower FC, flat, tight, good gloss, offwhite - white pages. 
You've probably seen a number of Giant Hand covers? Here's my first Giant Foot cover, :D 

Asking $120

cs8RaTq.jpg

More Fun Comics 98
Listed as Scarce in O'Street, this one has one hekuva line-up. Fourth to last Spectre story, last Doctor Fate, Stories 
with Green Arrow and Speedy, Johnny Quick, and Aquaman.

Couple pieces out RH edge FC, tape inside FC along spine, light water, good sized piece out of upper RH BC, old store stamp BC.
Oh, did I mention the rusty staple with migration? lol 

That being said it's a perfectly nice Rough Reader,with all pages complete, a FC that displays well, and an all-star line up. 

Asking $100,  FIRM

NhmMIwt.jpg

Fantastic Four 44
More Lee-Kirby genius, first real appearance of The Inhumans.

General wear, couplr smll tears and chips FC, bit of spine roll. 

Another nice reader for $15

3xgFUH5.jpg

Marvel Super-Heroes 12 
First appearance of Marvel's Captain Marvel. 

Chip out upper and lowr spine strip, bit of general wear. Still flat, tight, square, 
good gloss, white pages. 

Yours for $100

V38p7Xu.jpg

Last book for the evening. 

Ozark Ike 18
Li'l Abner wannabe, but sports related. Actually pretty good reads in this series

Chip out lower spine, minor general wear, bit of spine roll, tiny tear or two FC.

Asking $20  SOLD!

m2svUwr.jpg

Edited by catrick339