• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectable Insurance?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have?  Who do you use?  Just bought my priciest book ever and wife's first response was do we need a safe or something for that? She is ok with me buying it, and understands the potential investment aspects of the hobby.  She is just worried about if something happens to it, or is it a target to get stolen.

Yes, get insurance. A suggestion: the question you want to ask is - Who has insurance and has had to use it?

People thinking this insurance company is great or that insurance company is great is meaningless. Every insurance company is great at collecting premiums. How are they when something is stolen, destroyed, whatever? How do they respond then?

Base your decision on which company to purchase a policy with on those answers and those answers alone.

Edited by NoMan

On 10/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, Pontoon said:

What was the book? :popcorn:

Not in hand yet, but it is very nice. It will likely make an appearance in the Silver Age section, when I get it. I do have several other 4 digit books already, so it is not a bad idea anyway.

On 10/26/2023 at 1:26 PM, drotto said:

Not in hand yet, but it is very nice. It will likely make an appearance in the Silver Age section, when I get it. I do have several other 4 digit books already, so it is not a bad idea anyway.

(thumbsu I always wait until I have a book in hand before I post pictures.

On 10/27/2023 at 8:53 AM, alexgross.com said:

i also use CIS although i have never had to make a claim. but several members have attested that they do pay claims. they cover your books at home, in a bank box, and during shipping too as long as a signature is required. 

will look into them thanks