• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad beats...

22 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2023 at 7:43 AM, Michael Browning said:

None of that really matters, though, unless you want to sit around and agonize about a loss, thinking “what if I’d only bid another $1,000?”, right? If you don’t go big as you can, that question might always linger in your mind.

Not my mind, though, because I go big when I really want something that badly and I’ve never lost doing that.

Yes, I might jack up prices on all future Ambush Bug, US 1, Team America and Crystar covers, but that’s a natural progression in this very young collecting community of ours for all original art. Like Overstreet always told collectors, your comics increase in value every year. It’s the same with OA.

I will take the blame for setting the bar high on those Ambush Bug covers, so anyone who goes after the next one needs to know I always go big on those and you’d better bid as high as you can to beat me. 😉

I don’t think he ever appeared with the Phantom Stranger, but I will keep it in mind.

On 10/31/2023 at 5:43 AM, Michael Browning said:

None of that really matters, though, unless you want to sit around and agonize about a loss, thinking “what if I’d only bid another $1,000?”, right? If you don’t go big as you can, that question might always linger in your mind.

I've discovered there's a definite difference between really wanting to score something on a deal, and really wanting to win something you desire. My future goal is to try and figure out that difference before I aim to bid on something.