• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics graded by CGG

116 posts in this topic

Random Question:

We see CGG's fees are less overall, especially on Moderns. What I'm unclear on and would rather ask than go look up... are the prices shown for the inner-well only product? and if so, what are the "actual" grading fees assuming you want your graded books fully protected within the outer slab and order one with each book?

Hello everybody, this is Daniel from the Comic Grading Group, and I would just like to respond again to the comments I have read in this forum. 1st we are going to start adding as much info on the label as possible, such as character appearances, artists, etc. 2nd,we do apologize for anyone having trouble with our website; AOL and IE users are the ones that have been having trouble from what we have heard. We are hiring a professional website designer to redesign the site. 3rd, the holder cannot be opened without noticeable damage to the holder. I would have to say it would be difficult for someone to perpetrate fraud, and to create fake slabs it would cost thousands of dollars.

We have taken many of the suggestions from this forum and made changes, the label being one, although we were already in the process of changing the label. The name was a tough one, we knew CGG was a little close to CGC, but the actual names of the companies are totally different, Comic Grading Group vs. Comic Guarantee Limited Liability Corporation. Still a valid point though and a concern, but it certainly was not meant to confuse or mislead I assure you.

For THE BEYONDER we are considering offering an option for people who don’t want their books graded but want them encapsulated, where we would offer to encapsulate books w/o the label for a lesser cost. We would seal up the area where the label would go or have a separate label that couldn’t be confused with the world label that would have the info about the book on it. Feedback on this would be appreciated.

Although we will unfortunately be at Wondercon this year, we will begin advertising shortly. Sorry to anyone that will be disappointed by this news.

For those worried about possible damage to a book in the current CGG holder you would almost have to purposely attempt to do so, and when mailed, books are very well protected.

To Gorgo, although we are not in business with the comic book shop near the U of O the owner is a good friend and was very helpful as a source of knowledge when setting up our company. I know he has an excellent business and have never heard a complaint about his grading. We hope to only improve our company, website and service options into the future. We appreciate everyone’s suggestions and comments, positive and negative. Thank you for your time.

The name was a tough one, we knew CGG was a little close to CGC, but the actual names of the companies are totally different, Comic Grading Group vs. Comic Guarantee Limited Liability Corporation. Still a valid point though and a concern, but it certainly was not meant to confuse or mislead I assure you.

First of all, bets of luck to your company. We'll all have to ee where the chips fall as time goes on. As to your name: well, I understand your explanation. But come on, your name is an almost exact copy of the sole existing grading company. You definitley shoul dhave gone out of your way to select a name whose initials were the FARTHEST possibly from CGC. I wont go so far as to say its this close on purpose, but it leads to unnecessary and probably unhelpful (for you) confusion.

For THE BEYONDER we are considering offering an option for people who don't want their books graded but want them encapsulated,

I haven't read the details closely...so are these comics encapsulated in inert mylar or similar materials? It would not be wise long term for a collector to choose to "protect" their comic in anything dangerous to the paper inside.

...we were already in the process of changing the label....

Will those who have had their books graded with these early no notation' labels be allowed to send them back for "new complete" labels if they choose...at no charge?

Although we will unfortunately be at Wondercon this year

Do you mean WON'T be at Wondercon this year? smile.gif (or do you just hate Wondercon? grin.gif )

The name was a tough one, we knew CGG was a little close to CGC, but the actual names of the companies are totally different, Comic Grading Group vs. Comic Guarantee Limited Liability Corporation. Still a valid point though and a concern, but it certainly was not meant to confuse or mislead I assure you.

The only thing that seperates CGC from CGG is that little horizontal line almost like a seriph. No one refers to CGC as Comics Guaranty (or is it Guarantee) Coproration. It is always CGC. This is the time to come up with a new name! A name that totally seperates you from CGC. Otherwise it looks too much like a swipe. (meant in the most sincere way).

This is the time to come up with a new name! A name that totally seperates you from CGC

you tell em bo---

wait a minute---I already told em the same darn thing

You think its an unfortunate coincidence----or 'enemy action'?

As in Goldfinger: "Once is chance; twice happenstance. Thrice, Mr Bond, is enemy action!"

Thanks for the comment Daniel. Yes, my experience at that shop next to campus was by far the best I've ever seen in a comic shop. Multiple copies of all Marvel early keys, including several X-Men #1 in various grades, etc. I only wish I'd spent more money there when I had the chance. A good portion of my collection was from that shop. Thanks & look forward to trying your shop for grading. Very pleased to see CGG in the market! grin.gif