• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics 1 1939 October Copy HA.com
2 2

40 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2023 at 2:38 PM, Dark Knight said:

It's right about the estimate I have for this copy. Because it's graded by the other company, there are many concerns from bidders with regards to the resto work, could potentially grade out lower from CGC if submitted. Also, the amateur work done does not help.

True. If it were CGC and professional work it would have went for more today.

I would be curious to see  a nice looking unrestored 0.5 to 2.0 cgc with nice pages come to auction. Especially a October copy☁️☺️

On 11/16/2023 at 11:41 AM, zen514 said:

True. If it were CGC and professional work it would have went for more today.

I would be curious to see  a nice looking unrestored 0.5 to 2.0 cgc with nice pages come to auction. Especially a October copy☁️☺️

Probably not in a long time I'd imagine lol

I always have a laugh when an October Marvel Comics 1 shows up. It reminds me how Metropolis Comics would go on and on about comic collectors don't distinguish between multiple printings of Golden Age comic book keys and they are all worth the same as all that's important is it's the first issue. That was until they had an October Marvel Comics 1 they were selling. They did a complete 180 and went on an on about how important and more valuable the first printing is.

Edited by Vintage_Paper

On 11/16/2023 at 3:52 PM, Vintage_Paper said:

I always have a laugh when an October Marvel Comics 1 shows up. It reminds me how Metropolis Comics would go on and on about comic collectors don't distinguish between multiple printings of Golden Age comic book keys and they are all worth the same as all that's important is it's the first issue. That was until they had an October Marvel Comics 1 they were selling. They did a complete 180 and went on an on about how important and more valuable the first printing is.

They sold out the first run. Then had to add November for the second printing. So a TMNT first  and second  have to the same value?

So  you laugh every 5 to 7 years🤣

On 11/16/2023 at 4:01 PM, zen514 said:

They sold out the first run. Then had to add November for the second printing. So a TMNT first  and second  have to the same value?

So  you laugh every 5 to 7 years🤣

There are also multiple printings of Superman 1 and Batman 1, but there isn't a big value differential there.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:52 PM, Vintage_Paper said:

lol that sounds about right. 

On 11/16/2023 at 4:03 PM, Bronty said:

lol that sounds about right. 

On 11/16/2023 at 4:02 PM, Bronty said:

There are also multiple printings of Superman 1 and Batman 1, but there isn't a big value differential there.

Yes the dot and no dot copies are interesting. Just not on the same tier as October and November

On 11/16/2023 at 11:38 AM, Dark Knight said:

It's right about the estimate I have for this copy. Because it's graded by the other company, there are many concerns from bidders with regards to the resto work, could potentially grade out lower from CGC if submitted. Also, the amateur work done does not help.

The greatest comic book ever published 🔥🪽💧🤠🌳🏁🦁

On 11/16/2023 at 2:38 PM, Dark Knight said:

I think you are right and we might see this in a CGC holder soon it the buyer was going to put it back on the market. 

Perhaps with modern professional restoration and thus a higher grade. Obviously grade by CGC.

On 11/16/2023 at 7:09 PM, Dark Knight said:

It's definitely up there lol

I just wish CGC would put “10/39” on their graded OCT copies. They keep the “11/39” notation on both printings. At least the other company denotes the proper printing month on their label 👍🏽

On 11/18/2023 at 2:04 PM, action1kid said:

Help me decide. A House on the beach or this Marvel one? 

Easy!  You cant own history with a house on the beach. The holy grail magnitude of   Marvel Comics 1 Oct copy is the way to go🙌

On 11/18/2023 at 2:15 PM, Primetime said:

I just wish CGC would put “10/39” on their graded OCT copies. They keep the “11/39” notation on both printings. At least the other company denotes the proper printing month on their label 👍🏽

I wish they would change this also like the other companies. 10/39  October copy

On 11/18/2023 at 11:15 AM, Primetime said:

You can use a black marker and do it yourself lol

On 11/18/2023 at 2:15 PM, Primetime said:

That should be viewed as a labelling error by CGC.